The mission of the NH Children’s Behavioral Health Collaborative (CBHC) is to transform New Hampshire’s current children’s behavioral health care services and supports into an integrated, comprehensive system of care. The system of care is youth and family driven, community based, and culturally and linguistically competent. Behavioral health refers to children and youth with mental health and/or substance use issues.
The idea for the Film and Writing Contest arouse out of the need to highlight the current inadequate system serving youth and families in NH. It is the Collaborative’s hope that student voices will shine a light on the necessary changes needed to ensure socially and emotionally healthy youth in the Granite State.
Youth in middle and high school (grades 5 - 12) are invited to submit 2-minute films or creative writing pieces about mental health issues. Magnify your voice, raise awareness, and help other young people across New Hampshire. The winners will receive cash prizes and attend the award ceremony.
- 5 Things I/We Wish People Knew About Mental Health
- No Shame: Erase The Stigma
- This Is How I/We R.E.A.C.T. (Recognize the Signs, Express Concern, Act Now, Care, Text for Help)
- S.O.S. (Stamp Out Stress): Coping Skills And Self Care
- Create Your Own Theme Around Mental Health Issues