5G, Blockchain, Network security, Virtual Networks, Security Protocols, Software Defined Networking (SDN), Internet of Things (IoT), Mobile Edge Computing (MEC)
Madhusanka Liyanage received his B.Sc. degree (First Class Honours) in electronics and telecommunication engineering from the University of Moratuwa, Moratuwa, Sri Lanka, in 2009, the M.Eng. degree from the Asian Institute of Technology, Bangkok, Thailand, in 2011, the M.Sc. degree from the University of Nice Sophia Antipolis, Nice, France, in 2011, and the Ph.D. degree in communication engineering from the University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland, in 2016. From 2011 to 2012, he worked a Research Scientist at the I3S Laboratory and Inria, Shopia Antipolis, France. He is currently a Post-Doctoral Researcher and a Project Manager at the Center for Wireless Communications, University of Oulu. He has been a Visiting Research Fellow at the Data61, CSIRO, Sydney, Australia, the Infolabs21, Lancaster University, U.K., and Computer Science and Engineering, The University of New South Wales during 2015-2017.
He has co-authored over 40 publications including two edited books with Wiley and one patent. He served as a Technical program Committee Members at EAI M3Apps, 2016, 5GU 2017, EUCNC 2017 conferences and Technical program co-chair in SecureEdge workshop in IEEE CIT2017 conference. He has also served as the session chair in a number of other conferences including IEEE WCNC 2013, CROWNCOM 2014, 5GU 2014, IEEE CIT 2017, IEEE PIMRC 2017. Moreover, He has received two best Paper Awards in the areas of SDMN security (at NGMAST 2015) and 5G Security (at IEEE CSCN 2017). Additionally, he has been awarded two research grants and 19 other prestigious awards/scholarships during his research career.
Liyanage has worked for more than twelve EU, international and national projects in ICT domain. He held responsibilities as a leader of work packages in several projects including SIGMONA and Naked approach projects. Currently, he is the Finnish national coordinator for EU COST Action CA15127 on resilient communication services and also serving as management committee member for three other EU COST action projects namely EU COST Action IC1301, IC1303, CA15107 and CA16226. Liyanage has over three years’ experience in research project management, research group leadership, research project proposal preparation, project progress documentation and graduate student co-supervision/mentoring, skills. In both 2015 and 2016, he won the Best Researcher Award at the Centre for Wireless Communications, University of Oulu for his excellent contribution in project management and project proposal preparation. Additionally, two of the research projects (MEVICO and SIGMONA projects) received the CELTIC Excellence Award in 2013 and 2017 respectively.
- Check out our blockchain research: Distributed Delay-Tolerant Payment with Blockchains
- Key note speech at APCERT Annual General Meeting & Conference 2017, 15 Novermber 2017
- The Best Paper Award – IEEE Conference on Standards for Communications & Networking, Helsinki, Finland, September 2017
- SIGMONA project received the Celtic-Plus Excellence Award, May 2017
- Call for paper for the International Workshop on Secure and Resource-Efficient Edge Computing 2017 (SecureEdge 2017)
- Call for Chapters for our latest edited book: "Comprehensive Guide to 5G Security" . This book will be published by WILEY Publishers in 2017.
- Our SDMN book is available to purchase "Software Defined Mobile Networks (SDMN) : Beyond LTE Network Architecture" . This book will be published by WILEY Publishers