Who are we looking for?
In short, we are looking for competitive women who are interested in learning and playing the game of rugby. Rugby is an intense game that requires players of a variety of shapes sizes and skills. We need players who are strong and powerful as well as ones who are swift and agile. Though experience is a plus, no experience is necessary. Many members had never played prior to joining. Being 18 years or older is the only requirement.
What you need to Know:
- You must become a member of USA Rugby (known as being CIPP'd). This is a yearly membership paid in the fall
- Current cost: $55
- You must pay dues each Spring and Fall season to the WLRC (Women's Louisville Rugby Club)
- Current cost: $50
- Black rugby shorts and black soccer socks will be needed for game day. Ask senior members if you need help obtaining these.
- Soccer cleats are recommended for shoes. Ladies designated to play certain positions may wish to consider rugby boots
- Shoes with toe spikes are permitted, but can cause problems on game day. Not recommended.
- Game day jerseys are provided by the club
- A mouth guard (or a gum shield) is recommended. You can pick one up at any store selling sporting goods.