I work on conversational, human speech recognition and machine translation at Google AI in Seattle.
Follow me on Twitter!
Previous work at Microsoft Research
At Microsoft Research I worked several topic areas roughly centered on modeling user context to improve search or other information work experiences.
- Personal microtasking (with Jaime Teevan, Shamsi Iqbal, Kristina Toutanova, Walter Lasecki, et al.)
- Contextual search (with Susan Dumais, Paul N. Bennett, Ryen W. White, et al.)
- Eye tracking as input (with Shane Williams, Susan Dumais, et al.)
You can view my academic contributions on Google Scholar.
- I follow Local Brainstorm, Open Seattle, and Seattle Data for Good
- Our #bikeraxx project to sense bike rack use on buses won honorable mention at Hack the Commute
- Our Court Whisperer project to enable mobile legal form filling won the Social Justice Hackathon
- Nimby Ninja is a low-barrier way for YIMBYs to refute NIMBY public comments (work in progress)