Govt. Degree College Anantnag
A brief profile of College Central Library
The college central library has a long back history of more than sixty five years. It had its beginning when the college was established in the year 1950. Since then the library is catering the needs of wide spectrum of users and continuously expanding it’s horizons in terms of collection, services and operations. This library is housed in a newly constructed building comprising of three spacious sections. It has the privilege of being the largest library in the district and second in the division after Kashmir university library with a rich collection of almost sixty thousand. In addition to issue and return of documents the library offers various other services like reference service, current awareness service, reprographic service etc. The library has a spacious reading housed in the old block where newspapers, magazines and career related books are kept for reading. In addition to the general collection the library has a good collection of rare books dating back to nineteenth and twentieth centuries. To keep abreast with the latest developments in information and communication technologies the library is fully automated and all the circulation operations are carried out using Koha software.
Year of Automation: 2015
Name of ILMS: Koha
Version of ILMS: 19.1
Nature of Automation Circulation: Fully Automated
No. of Resources Automated: 46,000
Govt. Degree College Anantnag
College Central Library
General Library Rules
1.A person desirous of using the Library shall enter his/her name, address and time of entry and put signature in the register kept at the entrance for the purpose.
2. Strict decorum and discipline must be maintained in the Library. Users must ensure that rights of other users of the Library are not breached in anyway.
3. Use of Cell phones within the library is strictly prohibited.
4.Smoking, eating, sleeping and talking loudly are strictly prohibited in the Library.
5. An outsider can become the member of the library after completing the necessary formalities meant for the purpose.
6. Readers must not bring bags, briefcases, boxes and other such articles into the Library. They may be deposited at the Library property counter and get a token. The item deposited can be recovered by returning the token. The users are advised not to leave expensive items at the property counter.
7. Readers should not mark, underline, write, or tear pages or otherwise damage the library documents.
8. Anyone who violates the rules and regulations of the Library may be debarred from using the Library facilities or other punishments warranted under rules.
9. Members must be in possession of library I-card during visit or study at the library.
1.Two books are issued to students for fifteen days and must be returned on or before the last date. However, four books are issued to the faculty members at a time for a period of one month.
2.The borrower should check the fitness of the document before getting it issued. Any discrepancy should be brought to the notice of the person at the Circulation Counter. The borrower will be held responsible for any defect/damage found at the time of return of the document and will be liable to pay the penalty warranted under rules.
3.A penalty of Rs.1/day/book would be charged from a borrower who retains book(s) beyond the due date.
4.Books belonging to ‘Reference’ and ‘Rare-Book’ categories are not issued.
5.The borrowers are advised to return the books while proceeding on long leave.
6.The books of Book-Bank section are meant for the special categories only.
Cyber Library Rules
1. Cyber Library is to be used for academic purposes only.
2. Online Chatting, Browsing of dating, social networking sites, Playing games on computers and Changing the settings and display of the Computers kept in the Cyber Library is highly prohibited..
Any user who violates the library rules and regulations shall be debarred from using the Library facilities or shall be heavily penalized.
Mr. Rafiq Ahmad Rather Librarian 2. Mr Imtiyaz Ahmad Khan Jr. Librarian 3. Mrs. Afrooza Akhter Lib. Asstt. 4. Mr. Shabir Ahmad Lib. bearer
5. Mr. Shakeel Ahmad Comput. Operator 5. Mr Tasleem Hussain Lab. Asstt. 6. Mr. Zahoor Ahmad LF 7.Mrs Bilkeesa LF
SWAYAM & INFLIBNET RESOURCES
UNIVERSITY OF KASHMIR & OTHER UNIVERSITY LIBRARIES
J&K PUBLIC LIBRARIES
IGNOU / JKBOSE / NCERT / COMPETITIVE
Magazines and Newspapers being subscribed for College Reading Room
The Competition Success Review
Current Science Review
Year Book 2019
The Economic and Political Weekly
Current Trends in Life Sciences
Biology for You
The Carvan Magazine
New Age Islam
Physics for You
Data Science from Scratch
TheTimes of india
The Economic Times
The Financial Express
The Greater Kashmir
The Kashmir Times
The Rising Kashmir
The Kashmir Life
The Srinagar Times