Labor∙Fest 2018 -
Learning from the Past
Working with the Present
Building our Future
- Draft of the 2018 event Schedule is now available (click here)
- 2018 Raffle Tickets are available, contact a committee member to get yours
- Mud Volleyball and Bags Tournament entry forms are now available, (click here)
- Labor∙Fest 2018 Theme Drawing/Coloring Contest Chance to win a $50/$25 gift card; for more information see below
- 2018 Parade Applications are now available on the
- Our 2018 Theme is: Learning from the Past-Working with the Present-Building our Future
- Checkout the new Kids Games activity (click here)
Coloring Contest open to ages 13 and under
- Use crayons, colored pencils, markers or paint
- Win $25 gift card (1 per age category) 4 & under, 5-8 and 9-13
- Deadline: Must be received by July 20th
- Winners announced by August 15th
- All entries will be displayed in Kids Corner at Labor∙Fest 2018
Copy and paste link to download entry form: https://goo.gl/yKfmaZ
Drawing contest this year for children aged 14-18
We are excited to be offering a drawing contest this year for children aged 14-18 to participate in. Labor Day is a holiday that honors the American labor movement and the contributions that workers have made to the strength, prosperity, laws and well-being of our country. Labor∙Fest is a community festival that is put on by volunteers with help of local sponsors to celebrate our local workers over Labor Day weekend and ends with a large Labor Day Parade through downtown Janesville. We are offering a theme drawing contest in which those aged 14-18 can interpret this year’s Labor∙Fest theme of “Learning from the Past - Working with the Present - Building our Future”. The selected winner will have their drawing made into a banner for the Labor∙Fest Parade on Labor Day and will win a $50 gift card!
- One entry per child
- Drawing to be done on 8 1⁄2” x 11” sheet of paper in landscape orientation
- Participants can use Pencil, colored pencil, crayon, marker and/or paint
- Entries must have artist’s name, age and parent/guardian’s name, email and contact number written on the back
- Deadline: Entries must be received by July 20th
- Winner will be announced by August 15th
Copy and paste link to download entry form: https://goo.gl/C37h9T
Congratulations to the winners
of our first Bags tournament.
1st Place: Jimbo - 2nd Place: Oreo Boyz - 3rd Place: Aaron and Michelle
Labor∙Fest Calendar Event Held at 1795 Lafayette ST
Community members who wish to become involved should attend Planning Committee Meeting.
We are looking forward to an exciting and great Labor Day Weekend event again this year at Labor∙Fest. We sincerely thank each of you who have helped make this possible. With your continued support we will again provide a weekend of family activities that is fun and affordable for the entire family to attend.
We are always looking for new things to add to the event! If you have any ideas or suggestions, please give us a call! The event is entirely planned by our committee of volunteers, so any help you could give would be greatly appreciated. If you would like to volunteer use this link to sign-up:
Again it's only with your help that this event is possible. For information on how to become a "Major Sponsor" and all that you get from it, please leave a message at the above phone number.