Four Day Foundation School in Mathematics
Workshop for BSc Students
20-23 November, 2019
Department of Mathematics
Government College Kasaragod
KSCSTE, Govt. of Kerala
Kerala School of Mathematics, Calicut
Kerala School of Mathematics (KSoM), an institution meant for advanced learning and research in Mathematics, is a joint venture of Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment (KSCSTE), Government of Kerala and Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Government of India. For more information about KSoM, please visit http://www.ksom.res.in. The KSoM is organising many programs for students from all over Kerala to make them find a place in National institutes such as IMSc, TIFR, IITs, IISERs, etc. for research in Mathematics. This workshop is one such program for B.Sc. students from Kasaragod District.
This workshop is a four day foundation school during 20-23 November, 2019 at the Department of Mathematics, Govt. College Kasaragod. This program is to reach out students of Kasaragod District doing B.Sc. or M.Sc. in mathematics aiming to provide a solid foundation in core courses to enable the students to enjoy Mathematics and develop an interest in research.
Who are eligible to apply: Mathematics B.Sc. or M.Sc. students. Preference will be given to those students studying BSc Mathematics in Kasaragod District.
Venue: College Seminar Hall
How to apply: To apply online, click here.
OR fill the registration form given in http://www.ksom.res.in/KSOM-Outreach-Kasargod2019.php and scan it and send it by email to email@example.com.
Last date to apply: 16 November, 2019.
REGISTRATION : 9.00 AM ON 20 NOVEMBER 2019.
Participants will be selected on the basis of information provided in the registration form.
Lunch would be provided. No travel support or accommodation will be provided for the participants.
The Department of Mathematics, Govt. College Kasaragod, has at present 8 energetic and dedicated faculty members in diverse areas of Mathematics and offers UG and PG Degree courses in Mathematics. In every year at least one or two students from the Department get in to the National Institutes like IMSc, IITs, CMI, ISI, etc for research. To know more about the department and the college please visit https://www.gck.ac.in/.
1. Dr. Akhilesh P., Kerala School of Mathematics, Calicut (Coordinator)
2. Dr. Mubeena T., Govt. College Kasaragod (Local Coordinator)
3. Mrs. Ayishath Fasna T. P., Govt. College Kasaragod (Local Coordinator)
1. Dr. Anitha A. B., Director i/c, KSoM, Calicut
2. Dr. Ananthapadmanabha A. L., Principal, Govt. College Kasaragod
1. Prof. A. K. Vijayarajan, KSoM, Calicut
2. Prof. Vellat Krishna Kumar, KSoM, Calicut
3. Dr. Akhilesh P., KSoM, Calicut (Coordinator)
3. Dr. Pranav Haridas, KSoM, Calicut
LOCAL ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
- Dr. Mubeena T., Head of Dept. of Mathematics, Govt. College Kasaragod
2. Arunkumar R., Asst. Professor, Govt. College Kasaragod
3. Ayishath Fasna T. P., Asst. Professor, Govt. College Kasaragod
4. Dr. Prasanth P., Asst. Professor, Govt. College Kasaragod
5. Dr. Babitha K.V., Asst. Professor, Govt. College Kasaragod
6. Sahariya, Asst. Professor, Govt. College Kasaragod
7. Rajesh U.K., Asst. Professor, Govt. College Kasaragod
8. Fathimath Misiriya T. A., Asst. Professor, Govt. College Kasaragod