Recent group news:
- 5/2018: Matthias will be promoted to Associate Professor with tenure, effective Sep. 1, 2018.
- 5/2018: Paper on "Vecchia approximations of Gaussian-process predictions" now on arXiv. An associated R package, GPvecchia, is available on GitHub.
- 4/2018: Daniel won second place at the SETCASA Poster Session.
- 3/2018: The group now has a GitHub page.
- 11/2017: Paper on "A Bayesian adaptive ensemble Kalman filter for sequential state and parameter estimation" accepted at Monthly Weather Review.
- 10/2017: Paper on "Multi-resolution approximations of Gaussian processes for large spatial datasets" now on arXiv.
- 10/2017: Paper on "Methods for Analyzing Large Spatial Data: A Review and Comparison" now on arXiv. The code is available on GitHub.
- 8/2017: Paper on "A general framework for Vecchia approximations of Gaussian processes" now available on arXiv.
- 8/2017: Marcin is a recipient of the Kshirsagar Endowed Fellowship.
- 5/2017: Paper on "A Bayesian hierarchical model for climate-change detection and attribution" accepted at Geophysical Research Letters.
- 5/2017: Paper on "A multi-resolution approximation for massive spatial datasets" now published in JASA.
- 4/2017: Matthias has received the 2017 Early Investigator Award of the American Statistical Association's Section on Statistics and the Environment (ENVR), for "contributions of great potential in environmental science; developing highly innovative multiresolution spatial models; developing very effective methods for distributed computation; and for developing approximate filtering methods for application in environmental science." See also an article about the award here.
- 4/2017: Paper on "Extended ensemble Kalman filters for high-dimensional hierarchical state-space models" now available on arXiv.
- 4/2017: Marcin and Wenlong have received a Gold and Silver Prize, respectively, at the SETCASA Statistics Poster Session.
- 3/2017: Matthias has received an NSF Career Award.
- 2017: Marcin has been selected as a participant in the NCAR SIParCS Program this summer.