2018-2019 Revised Policies and Procedures
The registration form for any student will not be accepted without the $30.00 family registration fee. No class will be held for any child until the family registration form and fee have been received.
- All fees are non-refundable.
- Tuition is due by your dancer’s 1st dance class of each month. A late fee of $10.00 will be applied to your payment if monthly tuition is not received by the 15th of each month.
- Tuition will not be prorated for any circumstance. Full Tuition is due each month regardless of the holidays. Full Tuition is due each month whether your child takes class that month or not. No Exceptions.
- In the event that your monthly tuition payment is returned for insufficient funds, there will be a $35.00 surcharge applied to that month’s tuition and the only acceptable future methods of payment will be cash or money order.
- In the event that your child’s tuition account does not remain in good standing, your child will not be able to participate in dance class, any dance events, spring recital, etc.
- If your child’s tuition for each month that he/she participated in dance class is not paid in full by the end of the year, he/she will not be allowed to participate in the end of the year spring dance recital nor return to dance class in the Fall.
- Kane & Co. Dance Productions reserves the right to cancel, reschedule, combine, or change dance class times due to low enrollment for class purposes as well as for recital purposes. We will try our best to accommodate every child and their parents in the event that this must occur; however, we do require a minimum of six students to maintain a class.
- Dance tuition will not be prorated due to absenteeism; however, your child will be allowed to make up the class at a different hour, but similar class.
- In the event the student registered decides to discontinue classes, you are required to inform Kane & Co. Dance Productions by phone or mail and no refunds will be distributed.
- Costumes are ordered in November for the spring dance recital. Costume payment is due in full by the October 31 in order to allow ample time for processing, shipment, distribution, and completion of any needed alterations.
- Kane & Co. Dance Productions is not responsible for any costs associated with alterations. The responsibility of making arrangements to complete any necessary alterations to costumes is that of the dancer’s parent or guardian.
- Costume payments are non-refundable. In the event that your child discontinues dance class and you have already made your costume payment, you will still receive the costume. We will contact you by phone or mail when the costume arrives and you may pick it up from our studio location.
- The costumes usually range in price from $55.00-$100.00 each. These costumes are ordered from various companies and are only available in standard sizes. Although each child’s measurements are taken, the costumes are not custom-made to fit each child. Costumes are normally sized x-small child, small child, medium child, large child, small adult, etc. Therefore, many of the costumes do require some minimal alterations.
- Your child’s dance costume will not be ordered if your child’s dance tuition account is not in good standing.
Class Pictures and Dance Recital
- Kane & Co. Dance Productions holds an annual end-of-year spring recital to feature all dancers and give them an opportunity to show off what they have learned over the dance year. The recital is held in May. You may contact the studio for the exact date or wait for the announcement in the newsletter.
- After costumes arrive, each class will have a photo taken in their costumes. Recital picture week is usually held in April. The exact dates will be announced. The photographs are taken during your child’s regular dance class. Tuition is not prorated due to pictures.
- Participation in class pictures and dance recital is optional; however, if you do not purchase the class costume by the given date, your child will not be permitted to participate in pictures or recital. • Individual and group pictures taken at Kane & Co. events may be used for advertising purposes. • Purchased recital tickets cannot be returned for cash value. Recital tickets cannot be replaced if lost or stolen.
Studio Holidays & Closings
- Kane & Co. Dance Productions will be closed on the following days in observance of school holidays: Labor Day: September 3, 2018; Halloween: October 31, 2018; Thanksgiving: November 19-24, 2018; Christmas: December 24, 2018 – January 5, 2019; Spring Break: April 8-13, 2019; Last Day of Class: May 25, 2019. Tuition will not be prorated.
- Daycare Dance Programs: All Studio Holidays & Closings apply to all Daycare Dance Programs. There will be no make-up days. Tuition will not be prorated.
- When Columbia County Schools close due to inclement weather, we close also. Dance classes missed due to inclement weather will not be made up. Tuition will not be prorated.
- We at Kane & Co. Dance Productions hope that dishonorable student conduct never becomes a problem; however, if this does occur, we do require, and deserve respect in the classroom as well as at any event hosted or attended by Kane & Co. Dance Productions. If dishonorable conduct becomes an issue, we will respectfully discipline the child as we see fit with the circumstances in mind, and with the permission of the child’s parents.
- Kane & Co. reserves the right to suspend students from the studio, as well as, from registering and attending classes due to dishonorable behavior.
- We do not foresee a student’s behavior becoming a problem to the extremes listed above; however, in the event this does occur, we must be prepared.
These policies have been put into place to ensure that Kane & Co. Dance Productions runs smoothly and each child has a pleasurable experience throughout the year. We hope you will refer to it as a handbook or guideline to answer any question that may arise. Dance at Kane & Co. is fun and rewarding. Thank you so much for allowing us the chance to teach the art of dance to your child. Dance is life!