JOHNNY’S RUN FOR LIFE
Sunday, October 9, 2022
September 6, 2022
This year, Johnny’s Run for Life will take place on Sunday, October 9th at 8:00AM at Cardinal O’Hara High School in Springfield, Pennsylvania. John Patrick Williamson, Jr. was a graduate of St. Pius X Grade School, Cardinal O’Hara High School, and was in his final term at Drexel University when he was killed in an automobile accident in January, 2009. Johnny and five of his AXP fraternity brothers were on a service trip. They were due to return to Drexel in time for the 10:00PM Mass at St. Agatha/St. James Church where Johnny served in the choir and as an Extraordinary Minister of the Eucharist. He was to be installed at that Mass as the Service Chair of Drexel’s Catholic Newman Club. Four of Johnny’s friends survived the accident, but Johnny and his friend, Ian Alexander, lost their lives.
Johnny was an outspoken Pro-Life advocate. His final post on Facebook, dated January 23, 2009, was, “Choose Life!” The Johnny’s Run for Life mission is to enable mothers in crisis pregnancies to fulfill Johnny’s wish—that they may choose life for their children with the support we all can help provide. At Johnny’s funeral we raised $18,000.00 and also took the $7,000.00 he had saved to go to nursing school and gave this to a crisis pregnancy center enabling them to save 2 children from abortion. Since Johnny died, we have been able to save children at a rate of $1,200.00 per baby by advertising to abortion minded women. Since Johnny Williamson died, fundraising in his name, including Johnny’s Run for Life, has garnered over $2,000,000.00, all of which has been used to help mothers save their children. We know of over 2,000 children who have been rescued from abortion.
You might ask how such a small organization can be so successful. We can give you ten reasons:
1. We learn from mistakes.
2. We have thirty-seven years of experience in praying, marching, litigating, defending, organizing, running for public office, occupying said office, raising and donating money, lobbying, attending conferences, standing in front of abortion chambers, and speaking on behalf of the unborn.
3. We take no salaries yet have donated over $1,000,000.00 of our own money to the cause.
4. We spend no money on shirts, food, brick or mortar.
5. We provide advertising for pregnancy centers which have a history of saving more than 50% of children of abortion-minded women.
6. We provide matching funds to well-operated pregnancy centers for on-line advertising.
7. We partner with Pro-life organizations that are like-minded such as Thrive.
8. We have Degrees in Economics, Business/ Management, and Law.
9. We are relentless.
10. We fear no one but GOD!
Kindly consider sponsoring Johnny’s Run and Johnny’s mission. All sponsors giving $250.00 or more will have their name placed on the shirt. All sponsors will have their names placed in the Race Booklet to be distributed to all participants. Over the years, we have learned that a sponsorship of $1,200.00 applied to advertising can guarantee that one baby’s life will be saved. It seems a small price to pay for the precious life of a baby. A gift of $12,000.00 will not only save 10 lives, but will make you a Major Donor.
Over the past years’ we have had as many as 1,100 runners and walkers, not to mention the many people who come just to attend the Mass, volunteer or cheer on the participants. Kindly consider donating to Johnny’s Run for Life. We thank you most sincerely for anything you can do. Please help us help mothers in crisis to Choose Life for their children.
AND MAY GOD BLESS US, EVERYONE, BORN AND UNBORN!
Donna Marie Williamson and John Williamson