Kongju National University, South Korea
Welcome to Nano Photonics Laboratory
Welcome to the web page of Nanophotonics reseach group at Kongju National University! The group is headed by Jin-Kyu Yang, a professor in Dept. of Optical Engineering. Our research is focused on the interaction of photons with periodic or non-periodic structures on the scale of an optical wavelength. Various artificially-controllable photonic resonant structures are under investigation. Research topics are categorized into two parts. The one is about dielectric photonic structures underlying two-dimensional periodicity or quasi-periodicity The other is about meta-materials based on metallic subwavelength geometry.
I hope this web page give you useful information, and please have fun! More information, or news about our group please also visit our wiki.
- Graduate and Undergraduate Students
We are looking for self-motivated and hardworking graduate and undergraduate students, interested in experimental and numerical study about nano-photonics, Metasurface, Photonic topological insulator, micro-LEDs, and THz optics. Are you thinking of joining our Nanophotonics group to do exciting research? Please don't hesitate to contact Prof. Jin-Kyu Yang!
- Post Doctoral Position
There is no opening for a postdoctoral researcher at this time.
Date Posted : 3/07/2019
- (Jan. 2017) Our paper, "Lasing in an optimized deterministic aperiodic nanobeam cavity," published in Applied Physics Letters 109, 241106 (2016), has been selected by the Editor's Picks.
- (Mar. 2012) Our paper, "Localized surface plasmon enhanced quantum efficiency of InGaN/GaN quantum wells by Ag/SiO2 nanoparticles," published in Optics Express 3, 2116 (2012), has been selected by the Editors, Andrew Dunn and Anthony Durkin, for publication in the most recent issue of the Virtual Journal for Biomedical Optics.
- (Dec. 2011) Our work on three-dimensional photonic bandgap structure is featured on the Kaleidoscope of Physical Review A pdf
- (Sep. 2011) Our paper, "Lasing modes in polycrystalline and amorphous photonic structures," published in Phys. Rev. A 84, 033820 (2011), has been selected for the September 26, 2011 issue of Virtual Journal of Nanoscale Science & Technology. 
- (Jul. 2011) Our paper, "Lasing in localized modes of a slow light photonic crystal waveguide," published in Appl. Phys. Lett. 98, 241107 (2011), has been selected for the June 27, 2011 issue of Virtual Journal of Nanoscale Science & Technology.
- (May 2011) Our paper, "Control of Lasing in Biomimetic Structures with Short-Range Order," published in Phys. Rev. Lett. 106, 183901 (2011), has been selected for the May 16, 2011 issue of Virtual Journal of Nanoscale Science & Technology.
- (Nov. 2010) Our work on aperiodic laser is featured on the cover issue of Appl. Phys. Lett.
Prof. Jin-Kyu Yang
email:jinkyuyang at kongju.ac.kr
Prof. office: +82-41-521-9445 (Room 606, 10th Engeering Building)
Student office : +82-41-521-9446 (Room 612, 10th Engeering Building)
Department of Optical Engineering
College of Engineering, Kongju National University
1223-24 Cheonan-Daero, Subuk-gu Cheonan Chungnam 31080, South Korea