- I am invited to give a talk at Ada Workshop co-located with ISSTA 2019 in July.
- I am invited to give a talk at SEMLA 2019 about Machine Learning Testing on May 23-24th.
- Feb 12, 2019. One paper accepted by Mutation19: An Empirical Comparison of Mutant Selection Assessment Metrics, by Jie M. Zhang, Lingming Zhang, Dan Hao, Lu Zhang, Mark Harman
- Dec 18, 2018. One paper accepted by ICST 2019: An Extensive Study on the Threat of Test Suites in Measuring Coverage Criteria Effectiveness, by Jie Zhang, Lingming Zhang, Dan Hao, Meng Wang, Lu Zhang.
- One paper accepted by FSE 2018 industry track: Automated Refactoring of Nested-IF Formulae in Spreadsheets, by Jie Zhang, Shi Han, Dan Hao, Lu Zhang, Dongmei Zhang
- I got the Outstanding PHD Graduate Award at Peking University
The CEO of Nvidia mentioned in 2017 that “Software is eating up the world, but AI is going to eat Software”. In my humble opinion, the fast development and breakthrough of AI (Artificial Intelligence) will not make software disappear, but will provide stronger and more reliable tools for software engineering to help better solve software development problems. At the same time, the methodology of SE (Software Engineering) can be applied to enhance AI technologies and AI systems as well. There are mutual benefits.
My research focus is to build more channels between SE and AI to make each community benefit more from the other. My past research has applied AI to SE, i.e., to use search-based techniques to automatically infer test oracles (ASE 2014), and to use machine learning techniques to automatically predicting the program behaviours (ISSTA 2016, TSE 2018). Currently, I am trying to combine my expertise in SE (e.g., code mutation and metamorphic testing) and AI (e.g., search algorithms) to improve automatic program debugging, as well as to apply SE methodology to AI to detect overfitting.
My supervisor in CREST, UCL is Mark Harman.
My Ph.D advisors in Peking University are Prof. Lu Zhang and Prof. Dan Hao
2019: PC member of ASE 2019
Co-chair of ASE 2019 SRC
PC member of Mutation 2019
PC member of SBST 2019
2018: PC member of Mutation 2018;
Reviewer of ACM Transactions on Software Engineering and Methodology
Reviewer of IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering;
Reviewer of IEEE Transactions on Reliability;
Reviewer of STVR;
Reviewer of IET Software
2017: PC member of Mutation 2017; Reviewer of STVR, JCST
2017: Student volunteer of ICSME 2017, in Shanghai, China
2016: Student volunteer of FSE 2016, in Seatle, U.S.A
Major Research Experience
PHD student | Sep, 2015 – June, 2018 | GOSTA, Peking University, China | Supervisor : Lu Zhang and Dan Hao
Honors and Awards
2018 Outstanding PHD Graduate Award, Peking University
2017 Top-ten Research Excellence Award, EECS, Peking University
2016 Lee Wai Wing Scholarship at Peking University
2015 National Scholarship
2015 Award for Scientific Research
2014 Learning Scholarship at Peking University
2014 Award for Scientific Research
2014 Innovation Award at Peking University
2013 Learning Excellence Award at Peking University