Jia Coco Liu, Ph.D.
Epidemiologist, Electric Power Research Institute
Hello! I am an environmental epidemiologist in the field of air pollution and human health. I am currently an Epidemiologist (Scientist III) at the Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) in Palo Alto, California. Prior to EPRI, I was a postdoctoral fellow with Dr. Roger Peng at the Department of Biostatistics, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. My postdoctoral research developed new methods to advance the understanding of the exposure and health impact of ambient air pollutant mixtures. I earned Ph.D. from Yale University (2016) advised by Dr. Michelle Bell, and B.A. from Middlebury College (2011).
Work authorization: I am a permanent resident of the US.
- Air pollutant mixtures and health
- Development of epidemiological methods
- Health impact of air pollution from disasters (e.g. wildfires and dust-storms) using big data
- Environmental justice
- Climate change
- Proficient in R, ArcGIS, and SAS; intermediate knowledge in SQL, Python; some knowledge in SPSS, STATA, and ENVI
- Over seven years of experience analyzing large Medicare datasets and high-dimensional atmospheric modeling data
- Bilingual in English and Chinese, and conversational in German