Jannik Strötgen - Research
Research Interests & Projects
My research interests lie in the fields of natural language processing, text mining, and information retrieval. During my time at Heidelberg University and Max Planck Institute for Informatics, I was also involved in digital humanities projects (e.g., heureclea).
- 1st place: MEDDOCAN, Medical Document Anonymization task (Spanish) [IberLEF'19].
- 1st place: EVENTI, Italian temporal tagging task [EVALITA'14].
- 1st place: TempEval-3, English and Spanish temporal tagging tasks [SemEval'13].
- 1st place : TempEval-2, English temporal tagging task [SemEval'10].
The following links show some demos about research I participated in:
- heideltime (multilingual, domain-sensitive temporal tagger) [PhD thesis] [EMNLP'15]
- tiwoli (today in world literature): blog post, android app, iOS app, web app [DH'15]
- tiwiki (time-aware search engine for Wikipedia) [TempWeb@WWW'17]
- dateRome (date references on maps with explanations) [JCDL'18] [WWW'17]
- TEQUILA (temporal question answering over knowledge bases) [CIKM'18] [HQA@WWW'18]
- credeye (a credibility lens for analyzing and explaining misinformation) [WWW'18] [WWW'17][CIKM'16]
I participated in the development of several corpora with annotated temporal expressions: