Jade Edenstar Master
I am currently a second year mathematics Ph.D student at University of California Riverside studying applied category theory with John Baez. From 2012 to 2016 I completed a B.S. in Applied Math and a B.S. in Physics at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.
University of California, Riverside
900 University Ave.
Riverside, CA 92521
Office: Surge 268
Here is a blog post I wrote about Linguistics in Category Theory.
Here is a blog post that John Baez wrote about our work on open Petri nets
I am writing a series of blog posts about the Grothendieck construction
Here is my paper about open Petri nets and their reachability
Here is a paper I wrote about translation and language change in category theoretic approaches to linguistics. It was presented at the CAPNS 2018 Conference.
Talks and Workshops
- I gave a talk at Math Connections 2018 in Spring 2018. Here are my slides which are meant to be approachable by a wide audience.
- I also gave talk at the Graduate Student Seminar on a similar topic in Spring 2018. The abstract can be found through the link.
- I attended the Applied Category Theory Adjoint School in May 2018. I participated in research on compositional distributional models of meaning in Linguistics. This research will be publicly available soon.
- I also attended the Applied Category Theory Workshop that the school was associated with.
- I attended the Second Statebox Summit where I will helped develop the use compositional Petri net techniques in the Statebox Language.