I am always on the lookout for new ways to teach math and statistics, especially given that so many students come to these classes so apprehensive.
I believe it is essential to give students space to explore on their own, and apply their work to projects that interest them.
The Central Limit Theorem is magic.
- Fall 2017: Lab director for Empirical Methods for Public Policy and Management: In this role, I developed weekly labs for students to work on in teams, honing their statistical and R skills at the same time.
- Fall 2017: Statistics for IT Managers/Intermediate Statistical Methods
- Summer 2017: Professional Writing
- Spring 2017: Sampling, Survey and Society
- Fall 2016: Empirical Methods for Public Policy and Management
- Spring 2016: Sampling, Survey and Society
- Fall 2015: Empirical Methods for Public Policy and Management
- Fall 2014: Introduction to Probability Theory