IRMSC conditions and sailing instructions
- NEW MEMBERSHIPS shall only be activated after receipt of application, signed release waiver, and dues.
- SOLING 1M CLASS shall be in accordance with Soling One Meter Class rules.
- DRAGON FORCE 65 AND DRAGON FLITE 95 CLASSES shall be in accordance with their Restricted Class Rules with exceptions to Section E-Rigs that no additional size rigs are allowed and No aftermarket replacement sails, other than those from original manufacturer, are allowed.
- RG65 OPEN CLASS shall be in accordance with the international RG65 class rules.
- SAIL NUMBERS shall be an assigned unique two digit and class legal number also approved by the club. Two digit numbers are to be carried on the jib for club scoring. It is recommended that a members’ number be used for all classes he sails.
- FLEET SERIES RACING shall be conducted and scored for each individual class as indicated on the club schedule.
- RACING FLEETS shall be as determined by the board.
- A MINIMUM of three boats are required to constitute a fleet race. Does not apply when a class is racing as split fleets i.e. A and B.
- CLUB RACING shall be governed by the rules as defined in the “Racing Rules of Sailing.”
- BOW BUMPERS are required on ALL Solings participating in fleet racing or practice.
- ELECTRONIC VISUAL AID DEVICES shall not be allowed.
- TROPHIES shall be awarded on the basis of three for each fleet.
- ELEGIBILITY FOR TROPHIES requires competing in 65% of the races conducted in a series. (42 for 8 week and 32 for 6 week series.)
- SCORING shall be low point system adjusted as follows: DNF, DSQ are scored number of boats started in that race plus 1 point. DNS, DNC will not be scored i.e. (there is no penalty for not racing).
- ODD/EVEN SCORING may be used when 11 or more boats race. The RD shall be allowed to use it to reduce the number of boats on the line in case of bad weather.
- AN OFFICIAL RACE DAY is scheduled for 8 races but is considered complete with a minimum of 6. If less than 6 a make-up day is to be scheduled.
- THE RD shall set the start/finish and other race course marks.
- RD’S will be given completed race credits in scoring for those they RD’d limited to one race day per series.
- A BOAT IS “RACING” when in the starting area at the one minute mark on the start clock. If withdrawn any time after that it shall be scored as DNF.
- LAUNCHING OR TOUCHING a boat after the 40 second mark of the starting clock shall result in a penalty of DNF.
- A GROUNDED BOAT may be freed during pre-start or racing, as long as not to improve it’s position, without penalty.
- DIP STARTS are not allowed. A boat on the course side of the line during the one minute start clock shall sail around either end to the pre-start area before starting. Resulting penalty shall be DSQ.
- START AND FINISH MARKS shall not be touched without penalty.
- CAUSING A FOUL requires immediately sailing free of other boats and completing a single 360 degree turn. If that foul created an advantage over the fouled boat additional turns are required until the advantage is extinguished.
- ONE 5 MINUTE HOLD is allowed per skipper per day. Holds may not be called after the one minute starting mark or just for boat tuning.
- A SINGLE BOAT remaining on the course may be called and scored last place provided she started correctly.
- GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP is mandatory by all personnel at the pond. Anyone in non-compliance is subject to removal, suspension or fleet reassignment.
- BOAT CONTACT is to be avoided. Right of way boat stay clear and CALL THE FOUL.
- PROTESTS A skipper protesting another boat shall twice hail “Protest” and the other boats sail number and make sure the protested boat is aware of the hail. The protested skipper shall reply that they accept the protest or that they will go to hearing and then must do their penalty and announce when completed or continue sailing. Skippers wishing to lodge a protest must inform the RD immediately after the race. Protests not settled on the water will be heard at the mid day break or after the last race at the RD’s discretion. The RD shall determine a race committee at his discretion.