Senior Civil CAD Drafter/Technician/Designer
We are looking for an experienced Civil Engineering CAD Draftsman/Technician/Designer - for infrastructure and land development projects - who is able to execute comprehensive project civil design from initial design criteria with minimal directions from the project civil engineers, architects, and landscape architects.
• Work with an engineer, project manager, and/or other manager in preparation of construction plans, grading & paving drawings and related exhibits.
• Prepare comprehensive engineering plans for projects using AutoCAD/Civil3D and other appropriate design programs.
• Implement Civil3D skills including grading, alignments, profiles, surfaces, corridors, and pipe networks to accurately present information on drawings.
• Independently performs design calculations and make design decisions on projects under the direction of an engineer or project manager.
• Follow general industry and company specific CAD standards for drawing setup, scaling, labeling, dimensioning, and plotting.
• Adhere to design requirements and coordinate approval with agencies.
• 10+ years of experience with commercial and/or residential site/land development projects.
• Capable of preparing construction drawings with minimal supervision.
• AutoCAD and Civil 3D proficiency.
• Strong work ethic.
• Engineering design experience with reliable decision making/problem solving skills.
• Good verbal and writing skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft products such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook
Senior P&ID Drafter/Designer
+ Prepares engineering schematics, PFD, HBDs and P&IDs following appropriate drafting standards with minimal supervision and technical input from the team
+ Interpret Engineering mark-ups and accurately make drawing corrections
+ Performs P&ID updates from basic red-line (as-built) data supplied with minimal supervision
+ Manages changes to drawings following appropriate document change and management of change (MOC) processes
+ Develop and maintain P&ID symbol libraries
+ Develop tags for piping, equipment, valves, instruments etc. following a tagging scheme with minimum supervision
+ Develop and maintain equipment, line, valve, instrument lists etc.
+ Assist with plant walkdowns, as built P&IDs, and PSV field verification updates for projects
+ Create/modify non-P&ID drawings such as mechanical, inspection drawings, plot plans and overall general drafting
+ Work with respective parties to properly store and organize miscellaneous engineering documents (equipment data sheets, fabrication drawings, etc.)
+ Apply Engineering Standards as part of day-to-day technical support of assignments
+ Understand the need, communicate and contribute to the development of internal standards and presses to streamline workflow
+ Maintain cooperative, efficient, and good team working environment
+ Communicate, both verbally and in written form in a professional manner
Skills / Qualifications:
+ Associate degree with 5-10 years industrial experience working in P&ID Drafting oil, gas, chemical, power generation, and refining industry
+ Experience with developing drawings for piping equipment and piping components commonly used in facilities including pressure vessels, valves, control valves, tanks, pumps, compressors, exchangers, towers, pipelines, filters, piping process codes and piping specifications
+ Experience with developing drawings for instrumentation and electrical systems commonly used in facilities including pressure, temperature, flow, density, and other instrumentation, instrument loops, PLC, DCS and interlocks, single line wiring diagrams, electrical schematics, plan drawings, conduit and cable tray layouts.
+ Familiarity with ASME Codes
+ Proficiency in AutoDesk AutoCAD and AutoCAD P&ID
+ Familiarity with AVEVA P&ID preferred
+ Proficiency in Microsoft products such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook