Workshop on CFD @ IIT Dharwad
Computational Fluid Dynamics: Traditional Finite-Volume Technique
Date: 11th June, 2018 (Monday) - 15th June, 2018 (Friday)
Venue: Department of Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Dharwad, Near High Court, Pune-Bangalore Road, Dharwad, Karnataka, 560011, India.
Five (5) days of Skill Development Workshop on "Computational Fluid Dynamics: Traditional Finite-Volume Technique" is being organized at Indian Institute of Technology, Dharwad, Karnataka from 11-06-2018 to 15-06-2018. This workshop is coordinated by the faculty members in CFD, Mathematics and fluid-thermal sciences from the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Department of Mathematics, IIT Dharwad, School of Engineering, IIT Mandi and CFD Industry partner, S & I Engineering Solutions Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore. The Tentative Time-Table has been prepared. The topics/lectures cover basic theory and principles of fluid mechanics & heat transfer, numerical methods as well as hands-on computer programming and simulations. Further, topics related to one and two-dimensional finite-volume techniques would be covered. On the last day of the workshop, parallel programming concepts and partitioning of the unstructured meshes have been planned. The objectives of this workshop are:
- introduce and cover basics of fluid mechanics and heat transfer (at continuum and some bit of molecular level)
- introduce and hands-on on the solutions of PDEs, numerical differentiation and integration
- introduce the traditional Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) technique (i.e. finite-volume) and discretization
- hands-on computer laboratory sessions for the code development and simulation result analysis
The tentative Time-Table of the CFD Workshop is given below:
- Prof. SV Prabhu, Professor in Mechanical Engineering, Larsen and Toubro Chair Professor, Dean (Academic Programme and Student Welfare) IIT Dharwad, On deputation from IIT Bombay, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Nikhil V. Shende, Director at S & I Engineering Solutions Pvt. Ltd. (HiFUN CFD Solver), Bangalore, Email: email@example.com
- Dr. Munikrishna N., Chief Technology Officer at S & I Engineering Solutions Pvt. Ltd. (HiFUN CFD Solver), Bangalore.
- Dr. Gaurav Bhutani, Assistant Professor, School of Engineering, IIT Mandi, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Sudheer Siddapureddy, Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Dharwad. Email: email@example.com
- Dr. Amlan Barua, Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics, IIT Dharwad. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Dhiraj V. Patil (Co-ordinator), Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Dharwad. Email: email@example.com
- There are 15 seats remaining out of 40 seats (limited number of participants) and the registration is confirmed upon paying workshop fee (the payment procedure will be sent by email).
- The workshop fee includes following:
- lectures and handouts as per the workshop time-table (above) including computer laboratory sessions,
- Breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner for all 5 days of workshop, including banquette on 13th June, 2018.
- Following are workshop fee (INR) categories & details:
- MTech Students* : Rs. 2000
- PhD Students* : Rs. 2500
- Faculty participants from State/Central Govt. institutions : Rs. 3000
- Faculty participants from private/ semi-Govt. institutions : Rs. 3500
- Interested participants first register using below mentioned Google form.
- This form is for registration of your interest in the workshop on CFD @ IIT Dharwad (requires your CV in PDF format).
- The last date of submitting (online) the completed registration form is CLOSED.
- The selected participants are then required to pay the workshop fees (details on how to pay this workshop fee will be sent by email to the selected participants).
- The last date to pay the workshop fees (non-refundable) is 6th June, 2018.
- Late payment of the workshop fee beyond 6th June, does not guarantee a seat for the workshop.
*Accommodation in the student hostels is available in the institute campus for nominal charges of Rs. 200 per day.
*Students should upload a scan copy of their current student ID card.