Authors are invited to submit regular (full) papers for presentation at the conference, describing original and previously unpublished work, not currently under review by another conference, workshop, or journal.
Regular (full) papers (10 pt font in two-column IEEE format) should present novel perspectives and match with at least two of the topics of interest of the workshop. Papers are expected to be 6 pages long, yet submissions of up to 8 pages are allowed. Papers in excess of this limit will not be considered for review or publication.
Accepted papers will be published in the LCN workshop proceedings and the IEEE Xplore digital library.
All papers must include title, complete contact information for all authors, abstract, and keywords on the cover page. Papers must be submitted electronically to EDAS in PDF format, US-Letter size (not A4), with all fonts embedded. (The PDF-A standard complies with that.)
IEEE provides a set of templates for LaTeX and MS Word in US Letter size. You are strongly encouraged to produce your paper with LaTeX, since that will lead to consistent typographic quality, and is widely used in scientific publications. Only in case you are unable to use LaTeX, other text processors may be used at your own risk.
You have to submit a paper that follows the IEEE conference formatting requirements (e.g., font sizes, margins, and layout). Thus, check them really carefully.
Margins must be:
- Top: 0.75 inch = 1.91 cm
- Left/right: 0.62 inch = 1.58 cm
- Bottom 1.0 inch = 2.54 cm
Further important requirements:
- Title must be set in 24 pt font.
- Any running headers/footers and page numbering must be removed.
- Columns should be balanced, i.e. have same length on each page.
- Blue-underlining for URLs and email addresses must be removed.
Authors are required to submit their papers through the EDAS web site. This can be accomplished in three easy steps:
- Creation of a personal account in EDAS (if you are new to EDAS),
- Registration of the paper using on edas (a title and a draft abstract of up to 150 words are required), and finally
- Upload of the paper (in PDF format only!), updating the abstract, keywords and topics.
EDAS will automatically check some of the formatting requirements (e.g., embedded fonts, letter paper size and margins). Authors can always update their manuscripts before the deadline, the EDAS system will automatically overwrite any previous versions. For help with EDAS please contact the EDAS Administrator via the "Request Help" link at the bottom of each page.
Authors should be aware of the following conditions:
- It is a requirement that all authors listed in the submitted paper are also listed in EDAS. Note that the author section of EDAS will be "locked" at the conference submission deadline. After the deadline, the list of authors can only be modified by sending a request to the Program Chairs, who will decide on a case-by-case basis based on the reasons provided. This policy is to ensure that conflict-of-interest can be properly enforced during review. It also avoids situations where an author submits a paper without informing his/her co-authors. If a paper's author list in the submitted version does not match that in EDAS, the paper may not be reviewed.
- The authors of accepted papers must guarantee that their paper will be presented at the conference. At least one author of each accepted paper must be registered at full rate for that paper to appear in the proceedings and to be scheduled for presentation.
- IEEE reserves the right to remove papers from IEEE Xplore that are not presented at the conference. In the last years, there were papers removed for this reason.