Places to Visit
Tripura is a hilly state in North-Eastern India with altitudes varying from 50 to 3080 ft above sea level, though the majority of the population lives in the plains. Tripura has a tropical climate and receives rainfall during the monsoons. It is surrounded on the north, west, and south by Bangladesh and is accessible to the rest of India through the Karimganj district of Assam in the north and Aizawl district of Mizoram in the east. Tripura is the third smallest state of the country. During middle of February the local weather is very comfortable with temperature ranging between 15 – 25 0C. Tripura is attractive to tourist for its greenery and rich heritage.
For more information about Tripura, please log on to
Top 10 Things to do in Tripura
1) Unakoti: Located amidst lush green forest in North Tripura unakoti is a historical Shiva pilgrimage. The spot dates back to somewhere between 7th to 10th century A. D. While the marvelous Rock carvings with their primitive beauty forms the chief attraction natural beauty including mountains forest and a waterfall are added bonus.
2) Neer Mahal which was the former Royal Palace in South Tripura. It is situated in the middle of Rudrasagar lake . Neer Mahal is a water Palace.
3) Chhabimura of South Tripura. A portion of the Debotamura Hill range, Chhabimura is famous for the boat ride on Gomati river.
4) Jampui Hills which are located in northeast Tripura bordering the state of Mizoram.
5) Dumboor lake.
6) Watching these Sandhya Aarti at Tripura Sundari Temple.
7) Ujjayanta palace of Agartala which was once a royal palace of the kingdom of Tripura and now serves as the state museum.
8) Indo Bangladesh border evening ceremony.
9) Heritage park of Agartala which is famous for the Mini Tripura inside it.
10) At number 10 it's the food and handicrafts of Tripura