- "Sovereign Default and Monetary Policy Tradeoffs," with Eric Leeper and Campbell Leith, International Journal of Central Banking, forthcoming.
- "Debt-Dependent Effects of Fiscal Expansions," with Susan S.C. Yang and Wenyi Shen, European Economic Review, 88, September 2016: 142-157. [Paper Download]
- "Estimating Fiscal Limits: The Case of Greece," with Nora Traum, Journal of Applied Econometrics, 29(7), November/December 2014: 1053-72. [Paper Download] [Online Appendix]
- "Uncertain Fiscal Consolidations," with Eric Leeper and Campbell Leith, Economic Journal, 123(566), February 2013: F31-F63. [Paper Download]
- "Estimating Sovereign Default Risk," with Nora Traum, American Economic Review Papers & Proceedings, 102(3), May 2012: 161-66.
- "Sovereign Default Risk Premia, Fiscal Limits, and Fiscal Policy," European Economic Review, 56(3), April 2012: 389-410. [Paper Download] [Code Download: (1) (2)]
Work in Progress
- "Sovereign Risk and Fiscal Information: A Look at the U.S. State Default in the 1840s," with Nora Traum.
- "Non-Performing Loans, Fiscal Costs, and Credit Expansion in China," with Yongquan Cao and Wei Dong.
- "Financial Intermediation and Government Debt Default," with Eric Leeper and Campbell Leith.
- "Optimal Debt Targeting Rules for Small Open Economics," January 2011.
- “A Model of the Twin Ds: Optimal Default and Devaluation” by Seunghoon Na, Stephanie Schmitt-Grohe, Martin Uribe, and Vivian Yue, at the ECB Conference on Fiscal Policy During and After the Crisis, Frankfurt, Germany (November 2016).
- “Exit Expectations in Currency Unions” by Alexander Kirwoluzky, Gernot Mueller, and Martin Wolf, at Swiss National Bank-Center for Economic Policy Research Conference on Exchange Rates and External Adjustment, Zurich, Switzerland (June 2014).