The newest Hero Awards are named after the initiator of the Award. The namesake is thereafter empowered to confer the Award upon others who follow in their footsteps, and to allow those others to become the namesakes of their OWN awards. For details contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. The Deepa Vijayaraghavan Award, for Female Entrepreneurship in South Asia https://startup.siliconindia.com/vendor/shevolve-india-s-first-womenonly-mentoring-platform-that-is-transforming-leadership-for-women-cid-18081.html
2. The Shevchenko Award, for developing SaaS for reconstruction startups in Ukraine
3. The Byatshandaa Jargal Award, for empowering family farms in Mongolia https://www.unescap.org/sites/default/d8files/Life_Journeys_of_Transformative_Leaders_1.pdf
4. The Christina Yang Prize for using the MIT climate simulator to predict commodity shortages in ocean-derived precious metals https://en-roads.climateinteractive.org/scenario.html?v=23.8.0
5. The Fatima Issa Prize, for promoting the use of Generative AI and forecasting tools like Metaculus to reform government ministries in Niger Metaculus.com
New Hero Awards in November 2023. In some cases prize namesakes preferred to use their organization's name, rather than their personal name.
WeGo! Hawaii helps young women discover and pursue their passions through leadership workshops and spaces for community-building and empowerment.
Go Green Filter is an invention that can convert the CO2 emissions from cars into oxygen via a filter containing algae, water, and light. Using the power of photosynthesis, the filter aims to be easy-to-use for consumers and would cut carbon emissions generated by automobiles by an estimated 74.25 percent.
Save Our Bees! has invented an organic treatment for small hive beetles, a pest that plagues honeybee hives.
Seeds of Hope is building and stocking seed libraries in spaces like schools and libraries, placing the power of re-establishing plant species native to Illinois back in the hands of community members.
Lemonerdy University is a peer-to-peer education platform that employs youth as instructors in STEM subjects.
CapyChat is an AI-powered communication tool that helps children with autism express themselves. With this tool, children can chat with their favorite animals in multiple languages or create drawings that AI will transform into text.
MyPy Coding’s team of over 100 tutors offers free, virtual, one-on-one coding lessons to second through eighth graders. They recruit older students as tutors, fostering connection and engagement among participants.
EduLang is an app focused on translating children’s books into languages and dialects that are featured less frequently. The app uses machine translation APIs to translate children’s books into 108 languages, including Swahili, Ukrainian, and Somali.
Royford Mutegi, Diana Wairimu
Vermi-farm Initiative promotes sustainable farming, vermicomposting, and integrated waste management for farmers in Kenya.
FarmSmarter supports locally based sustainable agriculture in Nigeria, Benin, and Ghana
Budi Setiawan, Ade Afrilian, Sendi Kenya
Fight for Dignity Supports empowering smallholders in Indonesia to benefit from Tourism industry
Meli network empowers indigenous and local communities to connect with experts to help shape
their regenerative practices.
Mobilizes teams of young people to implement climate projects in underserved communities across Greece.
Helping East Africans engage in cactus farming as a way to build environmentally responsible enterprises.
Conserving See, Enriching Lives is an NGO that supports 100,000 women farmers in India through projects such as preserving seed from healthy plant stocks that are in danger of dying out.
Revolutionizing the construction industry, which is involved in 40% of global carbon emissions, by introducing sustainable recycling practices.
We innovate and manufacture seaweed-based bioplastics to reduce single-use plastic waste pollution and GHG emissions and to uplift the livelihood of seaweed farmers.