Nottingham High School Class of 1983
It's 2018 already! 35 years ago we Bulldogs graduated from Nottingham High School, so this summer we had a reunion.
Now that the reunion is over, we are having a fundraiser to cover some extra event expenses paid out-of-pocket by the reunion organizers, and to raise money for a class gift to the school. All the details are on the fundraiser’s GoFundMe campaign page, including how to donate by credit/debit card. If you want to donate by Venmo, PayPal, or some other way, please contact one of the reunion organizers (see below).
What's Going On?
The reunion will be the weekend of July 13-15 in Syracuse. Here are the events planned for that weekend:
- In the evening on Friday July 13, there will be an "all Ham classes are welcome" gathering at Munjed’s Mediterranean Restaurant & Lounge on Westcott St. We'll start gathering at 6 PM, and keep going till midnight (they are closing later than their usual 10 PM due to our event). You'll need to buy your own food and drink.
- In the morning on Saturday July 14, there will be a tour of Nottingham, and our guide will be current Nottingham principal David Maynard. To join the tour, please contact one of the organizers (see below) and let them know, so we can get a headcount in advance. Meet at the school's main entrance at 11 AM.
- On Saturday July 14, there will be a dinner at The Chop House on Waring (next to Tecumseh Golf Course, it used to be Saratoga Steaks, and here's their Yelp page) from 6 PM to 10 PM for members of the class of '83 and their spouse/significant other. To attend this dinner, purchase tickets through Eventbrite. Note that the dinner was moved to here from Drumlin's/Pascale's, but will still feature buffet-style service with a variety of options including vegetarian, and there will be a cash bar.
The main organizers of the reunion are Clare Murray Volo, Joanna Blaisdell, Joe Atkinson, and Andrea Marsh. Dave Kohr is helping with publicity (such as maintaining this Web page).
How To Keep In Touch
To receive announcements about plans for the reunion, and get in touch with the organizers or other classmates to talk about it, you can:
- Join our Facebook group.
- Join this group SMS (text) chat on GroupMe.
- Subscribe to the email list, either by visiting its Web page at https://groups.io/g/nottinghambulldogs1983reunion and clicking the blue "+ Join This Group" button (requires creating a groups.io account), or sending an email to email@example.com (does not require creating an account).
- If none of the above options works for you, but you still need to contact the organizers, you can send an email to me (Dave Kohr) at firstname.lastname@example.org
To share this Web page with others, you can use the URL shortcut http://bit.ly/ham83reunion35.
Help Find Lost Classmates!
Also, we're still trying to reach a lot of our classmates. Please look at this list, and if you know how to contact anyone, please let them know about the reunion by pointing them to this page, and let the organizers know you did!