CALL FOR PAPERS
The Gretl Community and Department of Political Sciences of University of Naples Federico II, Italy, are pleased to announce the
6th Gretl Conference
which will take place on
June 13th-14th, 2019
Department of Political Sciences
University of Naples Federico II, Naples, Italy
The bi-annual Gretl Conference is an inspiring opportunity to take stock of the current state of the gretl econometrics software project, including its embedded programming language hansl.
Contributions should demonstrate what is already possible in advanced real-world applications, how gretl compares to other software, or how a possibly missing functionality is implemented in other software. They could also present innovative methods for teaching statistics with gretl, or discuss desirable directions for the development of the project.
The programme will consist of contributed presentations as well as keynotes by invited speakers and Gretl developers.
All researchers interested in econometrics or computational statistics are encouraged to submit abstracts for possible presentations. Proposals for any relevant topic will be considered, including (but not limited to) talks related to new functionality in gretl since the previous conference:
- Dynamic Factor Models (DFM package)
- Static Factor Models (staticfactor package)
- ghosts – multivariate spectra
- Recurring real-time data analysis (e.g. based on the DBnomics interface)
- Julia language integration
- Support vector machine (SVM) integration through libsvm
- Tools for panels with cross-section dependence (CSDpanel package)
- StrucTiSM – “structural” time series models
- MIDAS with more than one high-frequency group
- more marginal effects and elasticities in several limited-dependent variable models (a_eff package)
- combining long-run and short-run restrictions in SVARs
- Stochastic Frontier Analysis (frontier package)
- Bayesian Averaging of Classical Estimates (BACE package)
- Jörg Breitung University of Bonn
- 31 March 2019 - Deadline for Papers submission
- 21 April 2019 - Communication of acceptance
- 15 May 2019 - Registration and fee payment deadline for accepted papers
Riccardo (Jack) Lucchetti (Università Politecnica delle Marche, chair), DSG Pollock (University of Leicester), Claudia Pigini (Università Politecnica delle Marche).
S. Capecchi (chair), F. Di Iorio, R. Simone, G. Perretti
For any information, please contact Francesca Di Iorio email@example.com