Workshops & Events
Upcoming Workshops & Events
Gloucester Yoga's 3 Year Anniversary CELEBRATION
Donation Event to benefit The Giving Garden Foundation (TGGF) - give what you can, every little bit helps cancer patients in Gloucester and Mathews.
Sponsored by Gloucester Yoga and Chiropractic Care of Hayes in Abingdon Square. The Giving Garden Foundation is a 501C3 nonprofit, refer to https://www.thegivinggarden.org/ for more information.
Free classes all day with raffle drawing after each class!
Pre-registration is not required. As space is limited, it is on a first come, first serve basis. Click on "Class Descriptions" Tab to learn more about each class.
Saturday, June 22
- 7:30 - 8:30 Yoga Sculpt (Gretchen)
- 9 - 10 Chair Yoga (Nancy)
- 10:30 - 11:30 Laughter Yoga (Patrick)
- 12:30 - 1:30 Yoga for All (Danna)
- 2 - 3 Happy Hour at the Barre (Paula)
- 3:30 - 4:45 Inner Strength (Joe)
100% of the donations collected at Gloucester Yoga go directly to The Giving Garden Foundation. Cash or check made payable to TGGF will be greatly appreciated!
Chiropractic Care of Hayes (right next door) will be offering chair massages, and chiropractic consultations., They also have a variety of products available for purchase to include Standard Process nutritional supplements, DoTerra Essential Oils, CBD Clinic creams and ointments. Check out their website at https://www.chirocarehayes.com/
They will donate 100% of the proceeds from chair massage purchases, and 10% of all product purchases to The Giving Garden Foundation.
108 Sun Salutations
Sunday, June 23, 10:00 - 12 Noon
Challenge yourself and join us in celebrating the Summer Solstice! Taught by Joe Beaufait.
You will start with 10 to 15 minutes of breath work and stretching. The sun salutations are done in groups of 9 with a 30 second break between sets and a 3 minute break at the half way point. At the end of all 12 sets the class practices a short warrior series and some relaxing stretches. The full class lasts approximately 2 hours.
This sun salutation class takes the place of the regularly scheduled Inner Strength class. You may work up a sweat so bring a towel.
Pre-registration not required. Regular class pass.
Call Your Spirit Back Home
Retreat at Yogaville
July 19 - 21, 2019
REGISTRATION CLOSED - ALL SPOTS TAKEN
This retreat is open to ALL. A house at Yogaville has been reserved. It will accommodate 22 people. The retreat includes all hatha classes, meditation sessions, dinner Friday evening, 3 meals on Saturday, and breakfast and lunch on Sunday (all provided by Yogaville). Nancy will also teach a workshop (Call Your Spirit Back Home). Transportation is not included.
We will be hosting a Reading & Book Signing with Chakra Singing bowls Sound Bath with Lian & Dianne for our friend Christine Griggs' new book
YOGA WITH A FRENCH TWIST:
A JOURNEY THROUGH THE CHAKRAS
Sunday, July 28, 2:00 - 4:00 pm
Free Event - click here to register
This book is about finding healing, peace and joy through yoga, stories and connection. It makes the chakras come alive as a powerful organized map of your entire being. Christine takes you along a compelling seven-chapter journey into her stories growing up in France and the invaluable lessons she learned along the way, intermingling real life with yogic philosophy, as well as a practical manual to balance each chakra. Her stories will connect you to your own stories.
Within hours of being live on Amazon, it was a #1 New Release
Christine is a translator and a very active ERYT-500 yoga teacher/trainer in our community and during her travels. She specializes in Vinyasa, Yin and Chair Yoga. Her classes are inspirational and provide a safe caring environment, as well as a mindful rejuvenating practice interwoven with yogic principles that empower her students to live the lives they are meant to live. In her own words: “Ever since I can remember, I have been in love with the powerful resonance of words and their magical ability to open doors into the unknown and make everything possible. With yoga, I found the universal language that would help me on my mission: to empower others to find the magic within them and share it with the world. Yoga has reconnected me with my love of writing. I have written all my life and have lots of unfinished manuscripts languishing in boxes. But joining my two passions has led me to publish my first book: Yoga with a French Twist, weaving stories from my early years growing up in France with the wisdom and lessons of the chakras.”
“Yoga and the chakras are vibrant facets of our existence.
Their mystery continually flows into our reality.
This book is about my reality guiding you into the mystery.”
You can find more on her website
Past Workshops & Events
- Jan 20 - Relaxation Techniques: Tools for Managing Stress Workshop (Kaye Levy)
- Feb 17 - Living Better With Arthritis - one day at a time (Gretchen Brown)
- Mar 16 & 17 - What is Yoga? Two-part Workshop (Nancy Sessoms)
- May 24 - Taste of South America at the Barre (Paula)
- Jan 20 - Feb 17 on Saturdays – Meditation Workshop (Joe Charsagua)
- April 20 – Taste of Italy Winyasa (Nancy)
- April 22 – Unlock Your Headstands Workshop (Regina)
- April 27 – Kirtan - An Evening of Festive Singing & Chanting (Joe Charsagua)
- June 30 - 2-year Anniversary - Free Classes All Day (6 classes)
- July 29 - Introduction to Yoga Workshop (Nichole & Nancy)
- August 19 - Yoga for Freddie (April) - AIDS Charity Event
- Sept 16 - Yoga for Arthritis Workshop (Gretchen) - GMHS Donation Event
- Sept 21 - Taste of France Winyasa (Nancy)
- Oct 7 - Just Breathe - Breath Workshop (Danna)
- Feb 26 – Introduction to Yoga Workshop (Nichole & Nancy)
- March 10 – Winyasa (Nancy)
- March 26 – Qigong Workshop (Patrick Gilman) - Bread for Life Donation Class
- May 21 – Breath Workshop (Danna & Nancy)
- June 9 – Winyasa (Nancy)
- July 9 – Sun Salutation Workshop (Joe)
- August 6 – Yoga for Freddie (April) - AIDS Charity Event
- Sept 8 – Winyasa (Nancy)
- Nov 12 – Yoga for the Animals (Nancy) - GMHS Donation Class
- December 8 – Winyasa (Nancy)
- Nov 6 – Meditation & Mandalas Workshop (Nancy Geary)