Join us to learn more about Google Cloud Platform
What is it?
Learn the fundamentals of the Google Cloud Platform, how to run containers on it and how to use the platform for data engineering.
How long does it take?
One in-person session of 4 hours, followed by 2-8 hours of self-study. No need to create a Google Cloud Platform account or register with a credit card.
What is the end result?
Google-hosted badges that attendees can use in their online profiles and show to employers.
Why Community based Study Jam(s)?
- Free access to Google Cloud online labs using Qwiklabs (worth 55$)
- Personal mentoring from professional developers
- Community networking & Schwag
- GDG - GCDC Hyderabad course completion certificate
Prerequisites for Study Jams
- IT knowledge or Computer Science Background (not mandatory)
- Hands-on familiarity with administering computing systems
- Prior work with basic shell environments / command line interfaces
- Little to no prior knowledge in cloud computing or with the Google Cloud Platform
What to bring to the event?
- Laptop -- Chromebook, Mac, PC, Linux, any laptop will do
- Laptop charger
- The labs will run on all of the latest versions of the popular browsers. For the best experience, use Firefox or Chrome.
- You will be using a tool called 'Qwiklabs', a Google training product. If you have used Qwiklabs before, great! else click here to create an account for yourself