GAW'19: The First International Game Analytics Workshop
In conjunction with the 15th AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Interactive Digital Entertainment (AIIDE’19)
Georgia Tech in Atlanta, GA, USA
9 October, 2019
The Game Analytics Workshop (GAW) aims to act as a unifying point for researchers and practitioners interested in Game Analytics and to help connect industry and academia. Given the recent introduction of Game Analytics as a domain of research crossing into many of the traditional areas of games research, there is as yet a limited number of publications in the domain, and virtually no standards or accepted principles in the field, across research and industry. To address these issues the workshop aims to discuss and assess the state-of-the-art in Game Analytics and the current major challenges in the domain across industry and academia, including academia-industry collaborations, integrating applied and basic research and developing standards.
Contributions for GAW'19 should be formatted for double blind review (i.e. without any author or affiliation information) and submitted through Easychair. The program committee will review all submissions. Accepted papers will be published in CEUR Workshop Proceedings (indexed by Scopus and Google Scolar).
Aligned with this year's special topic of AIIDE, the main topic of this workshop will be Explainable and Informed Game Analytics. In this regard, together with the main analytics topics, we encourage paper submissions introducing or applying explainable and informed analytics models to a variety of game analytics use cases covering, for instance, recommender systems, e-sports analytics, behavior prediction, social network analysis and market-process optimization.
See the CfP page more information.
- Early submissions
- Deadline of proceedings paper submission: July 12, 2019
- Notification of acceptance: July 30, 2019
- Regular submissions
- Deadline of proceedings paper submission: September 2, 2019
- Notification of acceptance: September 27, 2019
- Camera-ready submission: October 7, 2019
- Workshop date: 9 October 2019
This is a full-day workshop including:
- 1-2 keynote talks
- Interactive tutorial sessions
- Paper/poster presentations
- A panel discussion
- Rafet Sifa (Fraunhofer IAIS, Germany)
- Anders Drachen (University of York DC Labs, UK)
- Christian Bauckhage (Fraunhofer IAIS, Germany)
- Michael Hitchens (Macquarie University, Australia)
- Fabian Hadiji (Goedl.io, Germany)
- Simone Kriglstein (Austrian Institute of Technology, Austria)
- Günter Wallner (University of Applied Arts Vienna, Austria)
- Nicholas Ross (University of San Fransisco, USA)
- Alessandro Canossa (Massive Entertainment Ubisoft, Sweden)
For questions and comments please contact the organizers at: email@example.com