eCADEMY Virtual High School - ConnectEd
Welcome to eCADEMY Virtual High School ConnectED. I am an eCademy ConnectEd Instructor with concentrations in English Language Arts, Business and Physical Education. On this site you will receive my contact information, information about plagiarism, Edgenuity grades and attendance.
There are several ways in which you can contact me. For students the best way to contact me is through Edgenuity email by clicking on the mailbox icon in the upper right-hand corner of your home page. You will then click on 'New Message', 'Select Recipient', find my name in the list of recipients, Anna Garcia, then click on the 'Add Recipient'.
For parents, feel free to contact me as follows:
Text or Call me at: (505) 585-5469
email me at: email@example.com
Best and fastest way to contact me is via text at the above number.
I try to return texts ASAP Sun. - Sat. and am online checking on students from approximately 5:30am - 8:30pm.
APS has a zero tolerance Plagiarism policy. In my courses I do not allow plagiarism. Plagiarism is any section of an essay or project that has been copied from another sources without proper citation and giving credit to the original author for their ideas. I do not give credit to any written assignment that is plagiarized and will not allow students to re-do plagiarized assignments.
To prevent plagiarism consult Purdue Owl by clicking the "Purdue Owl's MLA Style Guide" button below. All essays and projects should adhere to MLA style formatting and citations with a Works Cited page and all sources used cited properly.
The use of Brainly.com and Quizlet.com are also prohibited for any part of online courses. The use of these cites to complete online work is considered cheating and will result in a zero for the assignment. It is encouraged that students take notes and use outside cites to help students comprehend the material, however it is never acceptable to copy and paste questions into google to find the answer or to copy and paste answers from outside sources into Edgenuity.
Logging into Edgenuity:
To log into Edgenuity, simply go to www.edgenuity.com click the yellow Log In button on the top. Then follow the instructions below:
- Students: You will select Student Login.
Your Username is your APS ID# followed by the letters aps. Ex: 123456789aps
Your Password if your APS ID# Ex: 123456789
- Parents/Guardians: You will select Family Login.
Parents and or Guardians can log into Edgenuity to check their child's grades and progress in the course. If this is your first time logging into Edgenuity, you will need to ACTIVATE your account. In order to activate your family account, you can text or email me your first and last name, your child's first and last name, and the email address you would like to use for the account and I will provide you with your activation code along with instructions on how to activate your account.
Remember there are 3 grades on the Edgenuity Progress Report:
1) Actual Grade: this is a paced grade so it takes into consideration all the work you SHOULD have completed up to the current date. Anything you haven't done is scored as a 0, which causes your Actual Grade to be lower than the Overall Grade. This is the grade we use throughout the semester to post grades in Synergy and progress reports.
2) Relative Grade: this grade should only be looked at when we get to the end of the semester. If this grade is above a 60%, you are guaranteed to pass. However, if you do not finish the course or you do not take the final exam at the end of the semester, you will be given this grade on your report card/transcript.
3) Overall Grade: this is a "Quality of Work" grade and is only grading the material you have actually done. This grade should ALWAYS be above a 60%.
Grades, Grading and Re-Dos
Grades will be entered into Synergy every Sunday. The grade you need to pay attention to is the Actual Grade. The actual grade shows on your homepage and is the grade you have in the course, which reflects your work and includes any zeroes if you are behind in the class and is the grade entered into Synergy every Sunday.
- Students need to complete their own work. Any plagiarism will result in a zero.
- Essays and Projects are the big-ticket items for English and the Computer Applications course. Taking a zero or scoring poorly will make it difficult to earn credit.
- I will grade all written assignments that are not automatically graded within 24 hours
- Students may request a redo on essays and projects. The redo must be requested and completed within one week of the original assignment being graded and may be granted at the discretion of the instructor.
- Students automatically receive three retakes on quizzes and tests. Students may request additional retakes and may be granted at the discretion of the instructor. Students should include unit notes with their retake request.
- I post weekly grades in StudentVue/ParentVue on Sundays.