An event for early career female researchers in digitalization
November 25-27, 2019, Stockholm, Sweden
Future Digileaders is an event for selected early career female researchers interested in the broad area of digitalization technology.
The event is a part of the Digitalization days -- a three-day workshop discussing the next wave of digitalization for our sustainable future held on November 25-27, 2019 in Stockholm, Sweden. Day 1 offers the Digileaders an intimate career workshop with talks, panels and sincere discussions on professional development, opportunities to meet inspiring role models, and to network with each other. Day 2 and Day 3 bring a program tailored for each of the Digileaders and promotes interactions with researchers and industrial players. Next to visits to KTH, excursions to industry, and further networking opportunities, the Digileaders will take an active role in two larger events of the Digitalization days: Day 2 addresses industry and society challenges and visions, with a mix of high-level keynotes, deep-dive panels and discussions, and demonstrations. Day 3 goes deeper into the very latest research into the technologies that drive digitalization. Leading academia researchers present and debate with industry and public research leaders.
The Digileaders will leave the event with:
- insights into joys and struggles of becoming and being a faculty and awareness of a broad range of career paths and strategies one can choose from
- having shaped values and practices that should be promoted in a good research environment
- new connections to research and industrial leaders, and a network of international peers
- understanding of the potential of digitalization research in a broader societal context, a peek into different areas of digitalization research, as well as knowledge about state-of-the-art research challenges and advancements.
Eligibility: Applicants are expected to be interested in pursuing an academic career in digitalization related to research themes trio Trust - Learn - Cooperate. These themes encompass basic as well as applied research in areas including, but not limited to, security and privacy, human-technology interaction, systems and data science, artificial intelligence, robotics, networking, or communication and control.
Applicants should be early career researchers, who identify themselves as women and obtained their PhD degree no earlier than 2015, or are expected to graduate no later than 2021. The eligibility window can be extended by career breaks, such as maternity leave, long-term illness, or national service during or after PhD studies.
Deadline: Applications must be submitted by
September 15, 2019 September 18, 2019.
Application material merged into a single pdf should contain:
- CV (max 2 pages)
- Link to google scholar profile or a list of publications
- Contact to 2 references
- Brief (max. 300 words) answer to the question: "If you could choose freely, what research would you do for digitalization?"
Apply here: https://easychair.org/my/conference?conf=futuredigileaders2019. Next to the application, you will be required to give author information, title, and keywords. As the title, please use the (tentative) title of your PhD thesis, and select keywords that best characterize your research area.
Selection: We aim to select a diverse and dynamic group of 30-50 Digileaders based on the application materials. Travel and accommodation will be provided to all the selected participants.