Department of Economic Sciences (DoES), Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur and The Indian Econometric Society (TIES) are organizing a five-days workshop on Financial Time-Series Modelling (FinMODE) in R. The workshop is designed for research scholars, academicians, and professionals working in this area of empirical finance.
Venue: QIP Classroom, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
Dates: 05th - 09th September, 2017.
About FinMODE - 2017
- FinMODE has been designed to familiarize young researchers and early career academicians with financial time-series modelling and forecasting techniques for resolving financial modelling and research related problems.
- The participants will learn through practical analyses on R.
- The FinMODE shall equip the participants with necessary knowledge and skills for undertaking research in the areas of finance and macroeconomics.
About Economic Sciences, IIT Kanpur
- Department of Economic Sciences (DoES), IIT Kanpur is the first full-fledged department of economics within IIT system. The department offers specialized courses in all areas of economics including financial economics. The BS-MS program offered by the department is a highly rated program across all IITs. For more details, please refer: http://www.iitk.ac.in/eco/
- The Indian Econometric Society is a pioneering academic body seeks to promote knowledge and understanding of econometrics in various spheres of the economics discipline.
- It is one of the oldest and largest bodies of professional econometricians and quantitative economists with more than 2000 members from all over India and abroad.
- For more details, please visit: http://www.tiesindia.net/