Please consider taking on a committee to manage. The Band Parents Association offers volunteer opportunities for everyone! Our committees are:
- Band Camp - Organize all of the necessary items for Band Camp in August. Duties include planning and ordering meals for students and staff; serving, clean up, etc. Transportation is arranged for the day sessions during the full week of camp.
- Competition Meals - We offer sandwiches and drinks to students on the competition days - which tend to be very long! The lead person will distribute order forms, collect and order food and make sure it gets to where it needs to be on the competition day.
- Spirit Wear - Advertise and sell Spirit Wear to students and families.
- Band Cards - The BPA has always had the best discount card in town! The lead person will make sure the contracts with sponsoring businesses are up to date and valid. We will also be able to request a corporate sponsorship with a sign in the stadium for the 2018/19 school year.
- Scholarship Committee - A group of 4 or 5 Freshman or Sophmore parents are asked to review senior scholarship applications and recommend students to receive scholarships for college. The lead person organizes the process, collects applications, contacts the Guidance Dept. and presents the awards at the Senior Awards night in June.
- 50/50 Sales - The BPA is allowed to sell 50/50 tickets during the home games for the 2018 fall season. We are hoping to raise funds to help pay for our new Drill Writer this year.
- Hospitality Table - During home games, the BPA invites the visiting band over to the home side and has refreshments available for them. This is always a nice time for the bands to meet each other.
- Senior Recognition Night - The senior band students are recognized on the field with their families. The lead person contacts the senior families and prepares the list of people accompanying their child. Students are presented with flowers and pictures are taken to memorialize the night.
- Band Banquet - Once the season is over for the year, we like to take a night to have some fun. The lead person will organize the food, DJ, gifts for directors and techs. Students eligible for varsity letters will also be presented with them this night.