Evolution Explorer Scout Unit
North West London - Barnet Borough Scout District
Explorers... step up to the challenge of expeditions, awards, activities, DofE and volunteering
We are currently running at capacity and have no spare places for new Explorers to join our Unit ... If you would like to be added to the waiting list to join please contact us . We estimate there will be spaces available in the Summer term.
What's happening? ........
- Gilwell 24: Spaces are filling up fast! Please see information below on how to book your place. You need to book asap to guarantee your spot.
- DofE: if you're an Explorer Scout in the Barnet Scout District and want to take part please contact us or you can text Anne.
- DofE Expedition dates for 2019 are on the DofE Award page
BBQ and Games evening
Wed 29th May 7:30pm - 9:30pm
At Frith Grange Camp site
Cost: £3.00 (pay on the night)
Please text Anne, in advance to confirm you're attending, so we make sure there's plenty of food!
A relaxing evening for Explorers at Frith Grange camp-site, during the half term break
DofE Training Day
Sunday 2nd June 10:00 - 16:00
At Frith Grange Campsite
All Evo, Merlin and Vernon Explorers who are doing DofE assessed expeditions this summer are expected to attend this training day.
Thursday 11th July
Gilwell 24 camp set-up evening
Meet at Frith 5:30pm
We will travel to Gilwell on the minibus, with tents and group kit, to set up our camp in advance of the event.
Message Anne if you can help
Fri 12th - Sun 14th July 2019
- Gilwell24 is an event, just for Explorers, delivering 24 hours of non-stop action with lots of adventurous and exciting activities to keep you entertained. On centre activities range from climbing to zip wires, water slides to bag drop and the evening entertainment includes bands and a huge disco.
- Activities start from 9am Saturday morning, then throughout the day and night, until 9am Sunday
- Location: Gilwell Park, Chingford, London. E4 7QW
- Gilwell24 is one of the most popular events on the calendar and quickly gets booked up!
How do I book my place?
- Download, print and complete the Activity-Information-Form-Gilwell24 form from the Downloads page
- Return this form + payment (or transfer payment on-line) to Anne or one of the Leaders
- Ensure you inform a leader if you require a place on the minibus otherwise you need to make you own travel arrangements.
What else do I need to know?
- Certain activities require parental permission in order to participate and permission forms must be signed by the parent or guardian. The 2019 forms will be available approximately 6 weeks before the event
- Take a look at the Gilwell24 website for more info: https://gilwell24.scouts.org.uk
Our long term Spinney (opposite Frith Grange) restoration project continues.
We have already made a clearing for a camp-fire circle and started on a boundary fence.
We have plans for an assault course, mountain bike trail, mini camping area and activity areas for younger sections
Model of one of the assault course challenges
A big thank you for all Explorers who attended Remembrance Parade on Sunday 11th
Your support was very much appreciated
Rafting Competition @ Phoenix Outdoor Center, Welsh Harp Reservoir, Hendon.
Click on image above to view photo album of the rafting competition in a new window
Evo ESU @ Gilwell 24, 2017
Evo - Indian creativity!