1. "Externalities and Spillovers from Sanitation and Waste Management in Urban and Rural Neighborhoods" with Molly Lipscomb & Laura Schechter, Applied Economic Perspectives and Policy, Vol 42, 2020Paper
2. "The Buck Stops Where? Federalism, Uncertainty, and Investment in the Brazilian Water and Sanitation Sector", American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, Vol 12, 2020Paper; Online Appendix; Data and Code
3. "Political Determinants of Investment in Water and Sanitation: Evidence from Brazilian Elections" with Rodrigo Schneider, Economics Letters, Vol 189, 2020Paper; Data and Code
4. "(Not So) Gently Down The Stream: River Pollution and Health in Indonesia", with Teevrat Garg, Stuart Hamilton, Jacob Hochard & John Talbot, Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Vol 92, 2018Paper; Data and Code
5. "Remote-Sensing Supports Economic Inference in Developing Countries", with Jacob Hochard, GEOValue: The Socioeconomic Value of Geospatial Information, Ch 13, 2017Paper
6. "The Effects of Home-Based HIV Counseling and Testing on HIV/AIDS Stigma among Individuals and Community Leaders in Western Kenya: Evidence from a Cluster-Randomized Trial ", with Corinne Low, Cristian Pop-Eleches, Winnie Rono, Angeli Kirk, Samson Ndege, Markus Goldstein & Harsha Thirumurthy, AIDS Care, Vol 25, 2013Paper; Published under name "Evan Plous"
7. "Production and use of biodegradable materials for incorporation in a non-toxic, eco-friendly battery", Transactions of the Kansas Academy of Science, Vol 110, 2007Paper; Published under name "Evan Plous"
Selected Working Papers & Works in Progress
"Greener On The Other Side: Inequity and Tax Collection", with Michael Best, François Gerard, Joana Naritomi & Laura De Castro Zoratto)
"The Story of a Hurricane: Local Government, NGOs, and Post-Disaster Assistance", with Ben Fitch-FleischmannPaper
"Pull Up a Chair: Municipal Council Size and Local Taxes in Brazil", with Rodrigo Schneider, Henrique Veras de Paiva Fonseca & Meredith Walker
"Who Chooses to Sell to the Government? Screening and Barriers to Entry in Brazilian Public Procurement" with Michael Best, Joana Naritomi & Laura De Castro Zoratto
"Improved Water Adoption and Infant Mortality in China", with Xing Xia
"The Role of Basic Sanitation Plans on Service Provision"