EPSRC Doctoral Prize Fellow, Loughborough University,
SCH.0.02 Schofield Building.
Epinal Way, Loughborough,
Leicestershire, UK, LE11 3TU
e-mail: enricofatighenti6 "at" gmail.com
I am a postdoc at Loughborough University (fancy job title above). I am sponsored by the EPSRC via this scheme.
Previously I was a postdoc for one year at Università Roma 3, sponsored by MIUR-project FIRB 2012 "Moduli spaces and their applications" . Even before, I got my PhD in 2017 at the University of Warwick, with Miles Reid as advisor. Broadly speaking I am an Hodge theorist: you can find below an (almost) detailed list of my research interests. For a more detailed CV click here.
- Fano manifolds of K3 and Calabi-Yau type and link with hyperkähler geometry. Explicit construction of surfaces of general type with small pg,K2 and Calabi-Yau quotients in low dimension. Explicit constructions of varieties in Grassmannians, mainly as zero set of section of homogeneous vector bundles and their Hodge theory.
- Fano and Calabi-Yau varieties in Weighted Projective Spaces. Explicit birational classification, especially of Q -Fano threefolds.
- Problems in Hodge Theory: Torelli-type. Links between Hodge Theory and deformation problems (e.g. deformation of cones).
Preprints and publications:
- Surfaces of general type with p_g=1, q=0 and Grassmannians, [arXiv:1802.04643]
- A note on a Griffiths-type ring for complete intersections in Grassmannians, with Giovanni Mongardi, [arXiv:1801.09586]
- Hodge theory in Grassmannians, PhD Thesis (University of Warwick, 2017), [download]
- Hodge numbers and deformations of Fano 3-folds, with Gavin Brown, [arXiv:1707.00653]
- Weighted Fano varieties and infinitesimal Torelli problem, with Luca Rizzi and Francesco Zucconi, Journal of Geometry and Physics, to appear. [arXiv:1611.05355]
- Hodge Theory and deformations of affine cones of subcanonical projective varieties, with Carmelo Di Natale and Domenico Fiorenza, J. London Math. Soc., 96 (3): 524–544 (2017). doi:10.1112/jlms.12073. [arXiv:1512.00835, journal]
- Graded Ring Database - an online database collecting all the known candidates and examples for Q-Fano threefolds (and much more)
- GAeL, (probably) the best conference in the world. CALF seminar, the junior version of the COW (useful as mailing list as well).
- GNSAGA, Seminario di Geometria.
- Other AG networks in UK: EmSG, GLEN, BrAG,3CinG, Warwick.
- Online computer algebra: Macaulay2, Magma.
- arXiv, researchgate, mathoverflow, supporting code for my PhD Thesis.