July 9 Department Meeting: Schoology "Assessment Tasting"
Today's Essential Question, Objective, and Agenda
Essential Question: How can we leverage the Assessment tool to support student learning?
By the end of this session, you will be able to:
- Explain how Schoology can be used to deliver and manage assessments.
- Practice creating a Schoology assessment.
- Discuss how you can leverage the Schoology assessment tool to support student learning.
- The Student View: Take a sample assessment on Schoology
- Introduction: Assessments on Schoology
- Grading: Review grading analytics from the practice assessment
- Play Time: Create your own assessment
- Small Group Discussion: How can we use today's PL to support student learning?
- Further resources and post-survey
1. The Student View: Take a Sample Assessment on Schoology
2. Introduction: Assessments on Schoology
- What is the Assessment tool? Where can I find it? What is the difference between the Assessment tool and the Test/Quiz tool? What is the difference between the Assessment tool and the Assessment Management Platform?
- Which types of questions can I ask in the Assessment tool?
3. Grading: Review grading analytics from the practice assessment
4. Play Time! Create your own assessment!
5. Discussion: How can we use today's PL to support student learning?
- Using the assessment tool for a specific unit of instruction
- Which question types will be most useful
- Student engagement
- Connecting assessment and instruction
- Formative versus summative assessment
- Tracking growth through learning standards
- Promotion of student self-assessment and self-reflection
- Multiple points of access (text, visuals, audio)
- One "takeaway" from today's session; or
- One way you plan to use the assessment tool going forward; or
- One aspect of the assessment tool you plan to further explore.
6. Resources and Post-Survey
To access all of today's resources on Schoology Assessment in one place, go the Resource Bank page on this website. For a Schoology-made guide to the Assessments tool (including creating an assessment, setting up questions, grading, and reporting), click here. For the full Schoology video library, click here. To take today's post-survey, click here or below. To access the paper handouts from today's session, click here.