Our Mission is to use sport to foster a philosophy of excellence, integrity and inclusion. We promote our mission by enacting our vision of becoming a renowned academy that coaches athletes to excel in their chosen interest while embodying community and lifelong participation in every aspect of their lives, regardless of location,, ability or background.
Approved: By the Non-Profit Board January 14/2024
About the Academy
The Canadian Elite Academy, founded in March 2017, was designed to fill the holes in traditional coaching and teaching of sports, academics, and the arts. The advantage is the time dedicated to individual skills instruction by the best available coaches or instructors. The skilled coaches attempt to achieve the goal of offering individual sessions in the instructional methods, which allow participants of all skill levels to train in the same group. The sessions are not team building or competition focus, allowing a mixture of talents and gender participants to dedicate time to a single element or skill, enabling them to apply it to a future team, competition, test, or challenge. The gender and age tiering system in traditional sports and schooling in most academy sessions does not apply. Not comparing oneself to other athletes in groups with the opposite gender, older athletes, and physically taller and stronger athletes is a challenging concept for young participants. Each athlete responds to this differently. Some athletes have problems accepting this lack of gender and age tiering, which is found in traditional game competitions. Many react with a lack of focus and drive to get better when they do not have games to measure their success. The essential lesson learned is that you must compete against a single person. Your goal should be to be better tomorrow than you are today. The academy coaches can see the growth, but young athletes must learn to compete against themselves and not others. This lesson will make them less stressed and more willing to make the necessary effort to improve themselves.
The Canadian Elite Academy Terms and Conditions.
This is the Information for the universal waiver for all Elite Academies.
WAIVER RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, ASSUMPTION OF RISKS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT (hereinafter referred to as the “Release Agreement”) BY SIGNING THIS DOCUMENT YOU WILL WAIVE OR GIVE UP CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE OR CLAIM COMPENSATION FOLLOWING AN ACCIDENT PLEASE READ CAREFULLY! ORGANIZATION NAME: Elite Academy and its (their) directors, officers, employees, instructors, guides, agents, representatives, independent contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, sponsors, successors and assigns (all of whom are hereinafter referred as “the Releasees”) In this Release Agreement, the term “SPORT” shall include all activities, events or services provided, arranged, organized, conducted, sponsored or authorized by the Releasees and shall include, but is not limited to: “SPORT”; “SPORT” rental; orientational and instructional courses, seminars and sessions; travel, transport and accommodation; and other such activities, events and services in any way connected with or related to “SPORT”. PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT I have been advised to wear all protective equipment that is required by the rules and regulations of the governing body for my sport.
ASSUMPTION OF RISKS I am aware that “SPORT” involves many risks, dangers and hazards. The risks, dangers and hazards, including but not limited to: loss of balance; difficulty or inability to control one’s speed and direction; variation or steepness in terrain; rapid or uncontrolled acceleration on hills and inclines; mechanical failure of equipment; variation or changes in the playing surface including rocks, gravel; changing weather conditions; exposure to temperature extremes or inclement weather; travel or transport to and from the sites used for “SPORT”; travel on highways and backcountry roads; encounters with domestic and wild animals including dogs, bears and cougars; collision with pedestrians, motor vehicles, cyclists and other players; failing to play safely or within the limitations of one’s own abilities, negligence of other participants; and NEGLIGENCE ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES, INCLUDING THE FAILURE ON THE PART OF THE RISKS RELEASEES TO SAFEGUARD OR PROTECT ME FROM THE RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS OF “SPORT”.
I AM AWARE OF THE RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS ASSOCIATED WITH “SPORT” AND I FREELY ACCEPT AND FULLY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS AND THE POSSIBILITY OF PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE OR LOSS RESULTING THEREFROM. RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT In consideration of the RELEASEES agreeing to my participation in “SPORT” and permitting my use of their services, equipment and other facilities, and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is acknowledged, I hereby agree as follows:
1. TO WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS that I have or may in the future have against the RELEASEES AND TO RELEASE THE RELEASEES from any and all liability for any loss, damage, expense or injury, including death, that I may suffer or that my next of kin may suffer, as a result of my participation in “SPORT” DUE TO ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR BREACH OF ANY STATUTORY OR OTHER DUTY OF CARE, INCLUDING ANY DUTY OF CARE OWED UNDER THE OCCUPIERS LIABILITY ACT, ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES, AND FURTHER INCLUDING THE FAILURE ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES TO SAFEGUARD OR PROTECT ME FROM THE RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS OF PARTICIPATING IN “SPORT” REFERRED TO ABOVE;
2. TO HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY THE RELEASEES for any and all liability for any property damage, loss or personal injury to any third party resulting from my participation in “SPORT”;
3. This Release Agreement shall be effective and binding upon my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators, assigns and representatives, in the event of my death or incapacity;
4. This Release Agreement and any rights, duties, and obligations as between the parties to this Release Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted solely in accordance with the laws of the province where the “SPORT” takes place and no other jurisdiction; and
5. Any litigation involving the parties to this Release Agreement shall be brought solely within the province where the “SPORT” takes place and shall be within the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of that province. In entering into this Release Agreement I am not relying on any oral or written representations or statements made by the Releasees with respect to the safety of participating in “SPORT”, other than what is set forth in this Release Agreement.