QIP-CEP Workshop on Experimental & Empirical Methods in Linguistics
9th July - 15th July 2017
The HSS Linguistics Unit at IIT Delhi will organize a 7-day workshop on ‘Experimental & Empirical Methods in Linguistics’ from 9th July to 15th July 2017. The workshop aims to introduce participants with methods and tools used in experimental and corpus/computational linguistics. The workshop will be a combination of talks and lab sessions. Talks will provide an opportunity to learn about some current trends in psycho/neuro-linguistics, computational linguistics and cognitive science. Lab sessions will familiarize the participants with R programming, experiment design, data analysis and corpus linguistics.
Salient features of the workshop
- Lab sessions on how to design and run a psycholinguistic experiment.
- Lab sessions on data analysis of different types of experimental data (e.g. grammaticality judgement, reaction time, eye-tracking data, etc.). We will use R to do all the analysis.
- Lab sessions on basics of corpus linguistics using NLTK.
- Lectures on some current trends in psycholinguistics, neurolinguistics, computational linguistics and cognitive science.
- Participants will be provided a certificate after successful completion of the workshop.
Last date for registration: 17th May 2017 (or until seats last)
Start of workshop: 9th July 2017
End of workshop: 15th July 2017
The QIP workshop is funded by AICTE.