Mission and Objectives
To introduce K-12 teachers and students to an economic way of thinking about the issues at hand in our global economy and to promote excellence in economic education by assisting teachers of economics to become more effective educators.
- Raise funds to advance the outreach and program offerings of the San Diego Center for Economic Education
- Promote the important message of the need for the development of solid economic reasoning skills by Californian students
- Develop appropriate partnerships that leverage the strengths of the EconEd Foundation and San Diego Center for Economic Education
- Build relationships with prospective donors and maintain a diversified funding base
- Continue to work with the San Diego Center for Economic Education in providing programs, training, materials, and support to K-12 teachers, to promote excellence in economic education
- Through its financial support of the San Diego Center at Cuyamaca College, the EconEd Foundation is currently assisting K-12+ teachers in educating their students in economic ways of thinking and problem solving and in meeting economics model standards.