Early Development Instrument (EDI)
The Early Development Instrument!
The Early Development Instrument (EDI) is a population measure of how your children are developing in different communities across the United States. It measures these children on the five key areas or domains of early childhood development:
- Physycal Health and Wellbeing
- Social Competence
- Emotional Maturity
- Language and Cognitive Skills
- Communication Skills and General Knowledge
The Wichita County EDI Task Force has three sub-committees using the 2015 results to determine and address areas of need in our community:
- Physical Health and Well-being
- Social Competency & Emotional Maturity
- Language Development, Communication Skills & General Knowledge
Additionally, Ad-hoc committees are formed (such as transportation) as the need arises.