Exchanging good practices in e-health care for adults with Parkinson’s
and their family caregivers in Europe
The project E-Care4PD is born to provide solutions and bet on technology, digital content and good practices as facilitating tools to contribute to the well-being and improvement of the quality of life of many people.
The central axes of the project will be:
Awareness of Parkinson´s Disease for the general population.
Advocacy for adults living with Parkinson's
Training in treatments promoting the use of technology to provide therapy through telemedicine, encouraging independent living for patients at home.
Supporting carers through education and counselling.
At the end of the project, we will present this work in a "Good practice guide".
Participants at the project meeting in Aegina, Greece, said:
"I learned more about the whole field of everyday care which patients need.
"We exchanged opinions and activities about Parkinson"
"We learned from the presentation about e-devices"
We learned more about different interventions with patients in different countries and how to improve some of our activities"
What do you want to achieve by implementing the project?
The main objective is to provide solutions and bet on technology, digital content, and good practices as facilitating tools to contribute to the well-being and improvement of the quality of life
E-Care4PD will share effective practices for
Awareness in Parkinson’s Disease in the general population.
Training in treatments and comprehensive patient care for social and health to promote the use of technology to provide therapy through telemedicine
Caregivers support through education and counselling.
What activities are you going to implement?
1. Virtual Kick-off meeting
2. Transnational meeting in Athens
3. Final meeting in Madrid
4. Local awareness-raising events on World Parkinson's Day 2022 and 2023.
5. Focus groups
7. Sharing good practices
What results do you expect your project to have?
- Create a good practice guide for all those interested in the care and attention of people with Parkinson's disease
- Provide a website where all stakeholders can access useful content about Parkinson's disease
- Share training content for different audiences: patients, carers, professionals and the general public where they can learn about new developments in the pathology, its care, the application of new technologies, the promotion of autonomy and the quality of life of those with PD