The Dark Side of Social Media
International Research Workshop
16th May 2017
PSB Paris School of Business
Hosted by Paris School of Business
09h - 09h30
Welcome & Registration
9h30 – 10h15 Keynote Speech Plenary Session (Amphitheater)
Pr Michel Kalika, IAE School of management, Lyon, Université Jean Moulin; Business Science Institute; BSIS EFMD-FNEGE Label co-director: “Managers and The Dark Side of IT Use: Exploration of the Current State & Future Areas of Investigation”.
10h15 – 10h30 Coffee Break
10h30 – 13h 1. Research Papers Session (Amphitheater)
Chair: Dr Karina Sokolova
- Dr Matti Mäntymäki & Dr A.K.M. Najmul Islam , University of Turku, Finland: “The Bright and Dark Sides of Self-promotion as Drivers of Status Update Frequency on Facebook”.
- Dr Najma Saidani, Université Paris Dauphine & Georgia State University, USA: “Exploring the Mechanisms of Knowledge Workers’ Adaptation to Technostress: A Misfit Perspective”.
- Aria Teimourzadeh, Doctoral Student, Université Grenoble Alpes: “Privacy preservation concerns and information disclosure in Social Networks : An ongoing research”.
- Dr Pierre-Michel Simonin, Université Paris-Descartes: “Are Social Netwoking Sites really Social? A philosophical Perspective”
10h30 – 13h 2. Paper Development Session (Room 27)
Chair: Pr Hajer Kefi
This session is a paper development format to assist authors towards Conference papers submission with peer feedback and senior scholar guidance. (4 projects scheduled)
13h – 14h Lunch & Posters Sessions (15 posters)
14h – 17h Panel: Dual Sides of IT & Social Media Plenary Session (Amphitheater)
Moderator: Dr Rony Germon
- Me Alain Bensoussan, Lexing Lawyers: “Médias sociaux et la théorie du double informationnel”.
- Pr Prashant Palvia, Joe Rosenthal Excellence Professor, Bryan School of Business and Economics, The University of North Carolina at Greensboro, USA: “Early Results from the World IT Project: Effects on Individuals and A Comparative Assessment between Nations”.
- Dr A.K.M. Najmul Islam & Dr Matti Mäntymäki , University of Turku,Finland: “Perspectives to the Dark Side of Social Media: Insights from International Current Research”.
- Serge Bolidum, CEO & Researcher at MC ERNEST Group: “Creeping if not flagrant: how digital social networks contribute to boredom”.
17h – 18 Cocktail & Socialization