DSNNLG 2019 will be a one-day workshop, co-located with INLG 2019 in Tokyo, Japan, on November 1 2019. The program includes a mix of sessions, including talks by invited speakers, presentations and posters for submitted works, and a panel session. Here are the proceedings.
Schedule (Friday, November 1 2019)
- 10:00-10:15: Welcome and Opening Remarks
- 10:15-11:00: Invited Talk:
- Thiago Castro Ferreira, Data-to-text Natural Language Generation: Traditional, Novel and Future Methods
- 11:00-11:30: Long Paper Presentation:
- Vrindavan Harrison, Lena Reed, Shereen Oraby and Marilyn Walker, Maximizing Stylistic Control and Semantic Accuracy in NLG: Personality Variation and Discourse Contrast.
- 11:30-12:00: Coffee Break
- 12:00-12:45: Invited Talk:
- Lu Wang, Convince Me If You Can: Argument Generation with Content Planning and Style Specification
- 12:45-14:15: Lunch
- 14:15-15:00: Invited Talk:
- Angela Fan, Hierarchical Structure in Story Generation
- 15:00-15:20: Short Paper Presentation:
- Tianyi Li and Sujian Li, Incorporating Textual Evidence in Visual Storytelling
- 15:20-16:15: Coffee Break and Poster Session
- 16:15-17:00: Invited Talk:
- Behnam Hedayatnia, Topical Chat: On the Structure of Knowledge Grounded Conversations
- 17:00-17:45: Panel
- Kritika Mehta, Raheel Qader, Cyril Labbe and François Portet, Fine-Grained Control of Sentence Segmentation and Entity Positioning in Neural NLG
- Yi Cheng and Sujian Li, Zero-shot Chinese Discourse Dependency Parsing via Cross-lingual Mapping
- Craig Thomson, Ehud Reiter, and Somayajulu Sripada, Towards a scalable & controllable computational solution for document planning
- Sashank Santhanam and Samira Shaikh, Modeling Conversation Context by Adapting Cognitive Architectures.
- Anusha Balakrishnan, Jinfeng Rao, Kartikeya Upasani, Michael White and Rajen Subba, Constrained Decoding and Query Attention for Neural NLG in Task-Oriented Dialogue