Doug Nevins Summer Soccer takes place for 5-weeks at the West Orange High School and is for eager athletes to learn more about the game and how to interact as a team/family. The program is open to boys/girls going into grades 2-12 and everyone interacts together in harmony.
The program is run by West Orange High School Varsity Boys Soccer Coach Doug Nevins and his star-studded staff ranging from current High School captains to alumni that have gone on to play in college and professionally.
DNS Summer Soccer runs 8:30am-2:30pm (M-Th) and 8:30am-11:30am (Fri)
Campers must bring shinguards, soccer ball, sneakers (cleats/turfs), water, sunscreen, and pack a lunch.
For more info, email email@example.com
Doug Nevins played soccer at Villanova University where he was captain of the team in 1994 and 1995.
He was named All Big East in 1993 and 1995. He was named Big East Defensive Player of the Year in 1995.
He was also named Regional All American in 1995.
After Villanova, Nevins played professionally outdoors with the Jersey Riptide, the Baltimore Bays, and the Philadelphia Freedom.
He also played indoors with the Philadelphia Kixx.
Nevins became the coach of West Orange High School in 2000. In 18 years as head coach Nevins has lead the Mountaineers to 5 conference championships, 2 county championships, 6 sectional championships and 2 Group 4 championships
MISSION OF DNS SUMMER SOCCER
· Help West Orange soccer players become the best in the state.
· Allow West Orange players to develop familiarity by training together in the summer.
· Give West Orange players something constructive to do in the summer.
· Allow West Orange players to have fun while getting better.
· Let younger players learn from and emulate older, more experienced players by training with them.