The Department of Mechanics, Mathematics and Management of the Politecnico di Bari organizes a winter school aimed at the application of Mathematics to Engineering, in particular to Cryptography, Electronics, Mechanics, Robotics.
The school promotes the interaction between mathematical sciences and engineering disciplines and pursues a training program that allows the use of advanced mathematical tools and theories for engineering applications.
The winter school in "Mathematics for Engineering Applications" is mainly addressed to young researchers and PhD students in scientific and engineering disciplines and it will be enclosed in the activities of the PhD Program of the Politecnico di Bari for the academic year 2019/2020. PhD students attending the school will receive 6 ECTS certification.
The lectures and the activities will be held at the Campus from January 27th to 31st, 2020
The school has been organized thanks to the support of the Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research under the Programme “Department of Excellence” Legge 232/2016 (Grant No. CUP - D94I18000260001).
- Andrea Cristofaro, Sapienza Università di Roma, Italy, Modeling and boundary control of flexible robots.
- Matthias Gerdts, Bundeswehr University Munich, Germany, On line trajectory generation for mobile robots using model-predictive control.
- Luca Giuzzi, Università degli Studi di Brescia, Italy, Blockchain: from bitcoin to robotics-distributed data security for industry 4.0.
- Wolfgang Reichel, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany, Mathematical Theory of Kerr frequency comb-solitons, bifurcations and numerics.
- Lev Truskinovsky, École Supérieure de Physique et de Chimie Industrielles de la Ville de Paris, France, Mechanics of active systems.
All the lectures will be held at Room (Aula) n. 2
Scientific committee (DMMM, Politecnico di Bari)
Giuseppe P. Demelio
Pietro De Palma
Dian K. Palagachev
Organizing committee (DMMM, Politecnico di Bari)
Dian K. Palagachev