Training for Designated Representative License Applicants
California Designated Representative Certification Class
California requires drug & device wholesalers to retain on-site, a CA-licensed pharmacist or Designated Representative (who must be physically present during all hours of operation) to conduct their business. This course is approved & recommended by the CA Board of Pharmacy, as it meets the Board's training requirements.
$525 per student.
NOTE: If you are a CA Designated Representative-3PL license applicant (i.e., third-party logistics provider), do not take this course. Please visit training for Designated Rep-3PL.
California Designated Representative Training
This course is approved & recommended by the CA Board of Pharmacy as it meets their training requirements, and covers:
- Knowledge and understanding of California and federal laws regarding the distribution of dangerous drugs and dangerous devices
- Knowledge and understanding of California and federal laws regarding the distribution of controlled substances
- Knowledge and understanding of United States Pharmacopoeia standards for the safe storage and handling of drugs
- Knowledge and understanding of quality control systems
- Knowledge and understanding of prescription terminology, abbreviations, dosages and format
To meet the Board's requirements, we offer a web-based, self-study class, and the final exams for this certification. The class is fast, to the point, and has helped thousands of California Designated Representative license applicants get licensed. Upon successful completion of this class, you'll request course completion certificates (we'll include a training affidavit filled out with your information).