Deep Learning for low-resource NLP
The workshop will bring together experts in deep learning and natural language processing whose research focuses on learning with scarce data. Specifically, it will provide attendees with an overview of existing approaches from various disciplines, and enable them to distill principles that can be more generally applicable. We will also discuss the main challenges arising in this setting and outline potential directions for future progress. The target audience consists of researchers and practitioners in related areas.
- Sharon Goldwater - University of Edinburgh
- Heng Ji - Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Barbara Plank - IT University of Copenhagen
- Dan Roth - University of Pennsylvania
- Kristina Toutanova - Google AI Language
- Luke Zettlemoyer - University of Washington / Facebook AI Research