Quick jump menu
Upcoming member meetings and events
January Member's Meeting
Tuesday January 14th - @ MRT - 332 Hance Ave, Tinton Falls, NJ NJ 07724Doors open 6:30, 7pm new growers group, Program begins at 7:30pm
Getting Ready for Show Season – DCOS Exhibits
Orchid Shows and Exhibit Displays is an area that our members look forward to being involved in as DCOS members. During the January 14th member meeting we will discuss the ways members can contribute, with one of the most important being including our blooming plants in the upcoming show exhibits!
- Ron Ference will start off the meeting with his tips and tricks for grooming and staking plants to present them in the best way possible for both show table and exhibits.
- Deb Bodei will cover orchid exhibits from a judging perspective and show us the short cuts to easily classify our plants for the show. We will gain knowledge about what judges look for as well as information about our favorite plants as we go.
- Tony Meola will make sure we are aware of all the ways we can be involved and contribute to the effort. He will be giving us a little behind-the-scenes view of the build process and maybe share a little bit about what he and Ken Reynolds have in store for the February DCOS show exhibit reveal. The online plant registration process will be demonstrated.
It will be an interactive meeting with everyone participating as much as they want to. Members can use this meeting as purely educational or leave the meeting with the plants they choose to enter in the North Jersey Show fully classified and registered. Either way, please bring your blooming plants for the show table so we can have a fun time learning together.
NOTES on setup for NJOS show
There will be three options for plant drop off for member convenience.
- Helen Kroh will open her home again on Sunday, the 12th for members to drop off plants.
- Members will be able to bring their plants to the Tuesday meeting on the 14th, and have the option to have them transported to Helen's house until they are taken to the NJOS show on Thursday.
- Members will also be able to bring the plants they wish to exhibit to the North Jersey show on Thursday the day of set up, as long as they arrive by 10 AM. All plants must be registered before they are entered into the Exhibit.