Welcome to the CSTA Greater Boston chapter website.
The chapter was created in October of 2010. The mission of the chapter is to facilitate discussion of local issues, provide professional development opportunities for its members, share best teaching practices and curriculum, collaborate with companies and schools to increase CS education in K-12 schools, and to promote CSTA membership on the national level.
Teachers, students, and non-teaching professionals can join the CSTA for free as individual members. All are welcome! New members should get started with a National membership. Just click here to apply. If you opt to become a CSTA+ member there is a small annual fee that provides access to:
- Access to the latest research on CS education.
- Exclusive classroom experiences and guest speakers.
- Free or deeply discounted teaching aids, like robots, circuits, and maker tools.
- Priority access and discounted registration to the CSTA conferences and events.
- Subscriptions to publications and a monthly member's only newsletter.
- Discounts for online courses and support for CS teaching certifications.
Once you are a national member CSTA, you are welcome to join the Greater Boston chapter. Please apply using this form.
Also, post-secondary institutions and non-profit programs can support CSTA as institutional members.