Computer Science Research Seminar
This course provides students with an introduction to research in the fields of machine learning, the core of artificial intelligence. Also provides students with hands-on experiences in participating in machine learning research projects.
- Lecturer: Professor Qi (Rose) Yu (email@example.com)
- Time: 10:30 am - 11:35 am Thursday
- Location: Kariotis Hall 110
- Piazza: piazza.com/northeastern/fall2019/cs4950
- Office Hours: email to schedule appointments
- CS 3950
- Basic knowledge with linear algebra, statistics, optimization
- Familiar with programming in Python
This course will be largely discussion-based, and you will be expected to actively participate in class.
- 60% Research Project
- 20% Paper Reading
- 20% Class participation
NOTES: For students who need computing resources for the class project, we recommend you to look into AWS educate program for students. You’ll get 100 dollar’s worth of sign up credit.